“doesn't meet standards of Hampton Inns” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Harahan
A TripAdvisor Member
“doesn't meet standards of Hampton Inns”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lobby maintenance going on for at least 2 months. Guests have to run around outside of building in rain to get to lobby. Beds are not up to Hampton Inn standards-you can feel the springs. They do not let you know at reservation time that there is construction going on. The pool is outside and around the back. the directions to the pool, points to a side door, then you're on your own walking around the building to find the pool. Rooms were spacious and clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This Hampton Inn & Suites were great on my visit on June7th-9th of this year. I was to stay at a Marriott Hotel. When I arrived, the management would not honor my confirmation price. I normally stay at this Hampton Inn & Suites, but trying to save a little money I went someplace else. I ended back at this Hampton and they graciously took super care of me. I am in this area one weekend a month and I booked a room for the next several months. Thank you, Hampton Inn & Suites for taking care of me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jennifer P, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Elmwood, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our employees were able to help you with your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Elmwood/New Orleans.

Alexandria La, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you are travleing to this area I would this is the place to stay . My Jobs requires weekly travle and this was the right place for me. Clean & Quite Rooms Very nice employees . Well kelp business Look Forward to staying here again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Bloomington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Everyone at the front desk was extremly nice and helpful, especially Kris ;). The breakfast every morning was well maintaned and varied daily. There was plentiful shopping and restaurants within walking distance of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Fort Smith, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The room smelled of urine. Bugs in floor and bed. Old and dirty furniture. No extra pillow for sofa-bed. No extra sheets for sofa-bed. This property not up to normal Hampton standards. The property is about to undergo a complete remodel. Unfortunately, it did not happen before I checked in. Should be up to standards by Fall of 2013.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jennifer P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Elmwood, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was disappointed that you went through some inconveniences while staying with us. I understand that you found our property to be somewhat dated and worn. I truly regret if you were disappointed in any way and sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and I apologize if we did not deliver this for you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I just completed a statewide trip and stayed in two other Hampton Inns. In comparison, this one is massive. They are lacking an exercise room on the grounds, but provide a 3 hour pass to a local gym across the street. The manager's evening reception was the best of the three providing po boys, chips and choice of alcohol and non alcohol beverages. The rooms, while a little dated were spacious and offered some amenities that the newer did not provide. Mine was a suite with a kitchenette. Stove, full size fridge and microwave with a bar was included. The piol was clean and had nice seating with umbrellas.
Overall, I would stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review. I certainly hope you enjoyed our hotel and accommodations, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future when our renovations are complete. Hope your future travels are safe, and again, we hope to see you soon. We love having you here!

Hampton Inn & Suites Elmwood
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a hotel with nice clean rooms, but this is LA, and the humidity hangs in the air permanently. This leads to a feeling of dampness, and a slight odor that will be everywhere, not just this hotel. As a warning, they are undergoing some major renovations right now (that I was not told about in advance), so the foyer and some of the first floor are trashed; no carpeting, have to eat breakfast in the foyer etc.

Having said that, it's like most Hampton Inn's. There is a good selection of foods available for breakfast, just expect to be crammed in like sardines for another couple of weeks. My room was clean and fresh, the carpets in the halls are a little worn.

Rooms are fairly well sound insulated, I barely heard my neighbors, and the beds are comfortable, I got a really great nights sleep.

My only complaint is the price. For an 'out of town' hotel, you pay the same price to stay as the Hampton Inn in New Orleans. They weren't offering a AAA discount when I was there. I guess when they can fill the Hotel, they can charge as much as they want. Front desk staff were friendly and attentive.

My BIG happy about this hotel; the maid service actually respected my wishes to reuse my towels. They wre hung right where I left them. THANK YOU!!!! This is my major hotel complaint usually, but they came through :-)

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking, get a low number. I was in room 250, and it was the furthest walk I...