“Filthy hotel - and I am usually not picky.” 1 of 5 stars

Supreme Inn
2001 SW Railroad Ave., Hammond, LA 70403   |
Ranked #16 of 16 hotels in Hammond
Davenport, Washington
“Filthy hotel - and I am usually not picky.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently spent one night here. They were consistent, in that the entire room was filthy. I should have left, but I was really tired from a long drive. Anyway, the picture attached shows the overall condition of the toilet - the rust stains could possibly be understandable, but the black ring in the center is just mildew.
The carpet was actually sticky to the touch in some places (I ended up wearing my shoes the entire time I was in the room).
There were long hairs on the wall of the tub enclosure, and the condition was almost as bad as the toilet.
A surly desk clerk only made matters worse.
This is obviously an old chain remmant that has changed hands several times on the way to the bottom. Well, it has arrived, in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is a fine place to stay if your needs are simple. The rooms are comfortable; the property is clean; while there aren't a ton of amenities, the rooms are clean and quiet. Staff is amenable and accessible.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2008

On 12/23/2008 my wife and I were traveling to Hammond LA on Interstate 12 East. We saw a billboard advertisement for Supreme Inn and a rate of 45.99 dollars, so we went to the motel at approx 8pm that night and I went in. I stated that I had seen the billboard and the rate of 45.99 dollars and was told “That is an old billboard and we no longer honor that rate. The rate now is 49.99 dollars.” I explained to the desk clerk that by law and advertised rate must be honored old or not unless otherwise specified in the advertisement, but to no avail, she told me that the rate would not be honored and that the rate would be 49.99 dollars. We went to another motel in the area, and THEY gave us this rate and were a better more established chain. I will be reporting this motel to the BBB and I will also be contacting and attorney and suing them for false advertisement as I went back to the billboard that night and photographed it with a news paper in the picture to show date and did exactly the same the next morning. I advise that people not stay at a motel/hotel that will not honor their own advertisements even when doing so is a violation of the law and they are advised of this because what other violations would they be willing to make if they will make one that can and now will get them sued?

• Liked — Not a thing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

The hotel was recently remodeled. I stayed here before and the hotel was a little run down, but the renovations really made a difference. I did have a slight problem with my air conditioner and the manager and the desk clerk were very nice about it and moved me to another room. I do not have any complaints and would definitely stay again.

• Liked — Loved having a mini frige in the room.
  • Disliked — The only thing missing from the room is a microwave. But luckly there was one in the lobby for us to use.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Panama City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

This Supreme Inn in Hammond, Louisiana smelled horribly. I can't even describe the smell...I debated with the idea of staying since I'd already paid, then decided to go see if the could cancel the room (I'd been in there about 20 minutes). The woman at the desk said had I come up there after only 10 minutes, I would have been refunded my money. Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't that have been brought up BEFORE we left to go to the room??? It smelled, the air conditioner was rusted and didn't cool the room well at all. Also, the scum that hung out there was ridiculous. I'm quite sure some illegal things were going on there. One woman was talking on her cell phone while walking around the parking lot as her 3-4 year old just followed her around out there in the dark. The pool was green with a film of algea/grease/muck covering it. My husband and I left and rented at the Days Inn down the street and it was marvelous. I am currently trying to get reimbursement for such a seedy hotel. Needless to say, they have not contacted me about anything and it's been about 4-5 days since I contacted them. The front looks bearable, but they put us around back with all the weirdos. DONT RENT HERE! Spend the extra money and go to the Days Inn. I promise, it's worth it to not sleep in filthy surroundings....

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Supreme Inn? Share your experiences!