“My stay was great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Hammond

Red Roof Inn & Suites Hammond
You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Hammond to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Hammond
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42309 South Morrison Blvd, I-55 at Exit 28, Hammond, LA 70403 (Formerly Rockwood Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
“My stay was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

I read the reviews, but decided to judge for myself. I had a pleasant stay. It does seem they are under some type of renovation. The pool was great and the staff was extremely friendly. My room had a pleasant fragrance. If I ever travel back through the area I will gladly stay at this hotel. For the price it was a great deal.

• Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2006

Rooms are still being "renovated" workers wander in and out of room at will without identification. If you room here with a group of young people, be on guard. Signs indicate this place was used as a shelter for evacuees. It reeks of smoke throughout, carpets are pet-stained, our bath tub had a "gravy ring" around it. There was a hole in my bath tub that went clean throgh the floor. Black mold is all over the bathrrom tile and ceiling. There is obvious water damage. It is clear this hotel is being thrown back together as cheaply as possible. The photo online is a room off of the actual lobby that borders a nightclub. The stench of sour carpets and smoke permeate the facility.

In a word...Yuck!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2006

The entire hotel smells like smoke. You can hear every sound coming from the adjacent rooms. Our room was filthy - garbage was already in the garbage can; used towels were in the bathroom; the floors were dirty. I have never felt compelled to write a hotel review - until now. I wanted to leave, but it was 9:30 at night when we checked in and as I had already scoured the internet for hotel availability I knew we wouldn't have much luck finding a room. I now wish we had stayed in a hotel in a neighboring town.

• Stayed June 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2006

We stayed Friday and Saturday (3/17 &18) nights. There is a bar at one end of the building with live music both nights. We could hear the thumping go on until all hours. Things in our room were rattling from the sound.
Each morning the parking lot and lobby was littered with trash from the bar. Room was rather dingy - but probably because Katrina refugees in residence for several months.
Parking lot full of bar patrons each night and they would stroll down the hallway drunk and loud on their way to the parking lot. Somebody puked in the hallway. Lots of people hanging out in the parking lot each night.
A few displaced Katrina/FEMA people still in residence and they treat the facility like it is a college dormitory - room doors propped open and hollering to one another across the hallways. I do have sympathy for their plight, however normal hotel etiquette is sorely lacking.
On the plus side:
We chose this facility because it is pet-friendly. The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed March 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2006

First of all I am not the kind of person that complaint, but this Hotel is the worst I've ever seen the rooms are terrible. The service is terrible. I stayed at this Hotel for a week and I begged for clean sheets to be put on my bed... it never happen the "Head Housekeeper" told me that no one was allowed to get clean sheet everyday and that they changed sheets only once a week and that would be on a thursday before they could change the sheets. Now you might be saying to yourself... thats no big deal but consider the the sheets dirty when I checked into the room. Please don't check into this Hotel.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2004

We had to wait until after 4:00 p.m. to check in. Our rooms were not ready. The rooms were not cleaned daily. Management was very nasty. Staff told us they are not to change the beds daily but at the end of your stay. The pool was not accessible the first day we were there. The continental breakfast was not available. The refrigerator and microwave was pulled from the room and I was charged an additional fee to get them back. The hallways had an odor that smelled like stale smoke even though there were no smoking signs all over the place. The carpewt was horribly stained and did not look like it had been cleaned since it was installed.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

When we first arrived at the hotel, we were given one of the rooms that wasn't clean and the bed wasn't made up, and in one of the rooms that was given to us, people were still staying there. We didn't have a refrigerator or microwave in the room. All the plugs didn't work and two of the lights didn't work. We couldn't call out locally on the phone. We did not enjoy the continental breakfast that was served.

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Hammond? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Roof Inn & Suites Hammond

Address: 42309 South Morrison Blvd, I-55 at Exit 28, Hammond, LA 70403 (Formerly Rockwood Inn & Suites)
Location: United States > Louisiana > Hammond
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Hotel Class:2 star — Red Roof Inn & Suites Hammond 2*
Located off of I-55, the Non-Smoking Red Roof Inn & Suites Hammond offers free hot breakfast, a business center and three conference rooms. As a guest, you will enjoy free WiFi, flat screen TV and an outdoor pool, open all year around. A variety of restaurants and shopping opportunities are only minutes away. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere and Despegar.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Hammond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rockwood Hotel Hammond

If you own or manage Red Roof Inn & Suites Hammond, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.