“Great Chinese food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Hammond, Louisiana
“Great Chinese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Trey Yuen is our favorite "order from the menu" Chinese restaurant. They have been in Hammond and Mandeville for years and are always busy. Every Monday they serve meals from the lunch menu for dinner at the lunch prices. Guaranteed you won't leave hungry! The helpings are humongous and delicious.

Visited May 2013

Mandeville, Louisiana
“Trey Yuen was disappointing with Chewy Chewy Chicken”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Being new to this area, I was curious to Trey Yuen. The size of the restaurant impressed me from the outside. I liked it even more inside with its serene interiors and that they did not have a buffet. I was glad that here was a restaurant willing to break the mold of buffet style Chinese restaurant one finds all over the country. The lunch menu was a simple laminated yellow pamphlet, but I did not let myself be discouraged by that. The waiter encouraged me to get the Choo Choo Chicken. So I got that along with the wonton soup. The soup was good. But the Choo Choo Chicken was fried chicken nuggets topped with a sweet and spicy (more sweet than spicy) sauce and fried rice. Now, if I want to have fried chicken nuggets, I would go to McDonald's and not Tery Yuen. And to make matters worse, the chicken nuggets were chewy. I was seriously disappointed in the food despite going in with high expectations of having authentic Chinese food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
independence, LA
“Another fav”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Some of the best egg rolls. If you like chinese food, I will tell you I have never been disappointed here. Just do show up expecting a buffet of all you can eat.

Visited January 2013
Walker, LA
“Be sure to go on Monday evening.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Lunch specials good on Monday evening! Great food, great service. Have had Valentine banquets here for church and the staff is always ready to help! Food is great!

Visited August 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellant flavor and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

After more than 50 years eating at Chinese restaurants across the country (and a few in Europe too), "this is some of the best I've had". The food is fresh and tasty but not overseasoned. I have always been a sucker for good fried rice since I was a child, and the "house fried rice" I ordered was loaded with crawfish tails , shrimp, chicken and pork and done to purfection. They let the flavor of the dish speak for itself in flavor and presentation. I just wish I could get here more often, as I'm usually travelling across the state to visit friends and family in New Orleans when the urge hits me to stop while I'm passing through the area. "Top notch food and service"!.

• Visited October 2012