“Awesome place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn - Hammond

Save Saved
You added Lexington Inn - Hammond to your Saves list
Lexington Inn - Hammond
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   46053 North Puma Drive, Hammond, LA 70401-7026 (Formerly Hammond University Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Hammond, Louisiana
“Awesome place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Very clean rooms and friendly staff. They have best morning hot delux breakfast. The pool is very neat and clean. Very safe place. Front desk staff is very helping. I would suggest you to stay there. I will go again and again.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went there for my friend graduation. My friend recommended me this hotel. I loved it. The rooms were clean, staffs were very helpful and friendly....... I would definitely recommend this place tto everyone.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I was meeting some family for a vacation to Florida, and choose this place mainly for its access to the interstate. The place is in process of remodeling, but that was a non issue for us. The staff was amazing. Tosha in particular! The rooms were very modern and clean. If I should come through here again, I'll definitely choose this Lexington Inn.

• Stayed April 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel used to be a Best Western which I had stayed in many times. Then, it was clean and well managed and was a good value. My last visit was TOTALLY different. The hotel changed names and owners, and is a DUMP. My room was the dirtiest I ever stayed in. It smelled like someone had been frying fish while smoking cheap cigars. The parking lot was setup like a makeshift soccer field by some workers who were staying at the hotel and there were some shady folks outside making noise from the drinkIng and partying in the parking lot all night The one employee I saw was the janitor, maintainance, front desk, and breakfast cook. I think her kids lived there too, since they were running all around It smelled like dead fish in the lobby.

BEWARE!!!!!! The old ratings are deceptive.

• Stayed December 2012
lexingtoninnhammondl, Webmaster at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Lexington Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We also appreciate your review and observations.

We have investigated the happening and taken the appropriate steps to improve every area you have mentioned and should match or even better your previous franchisee experience.

We have taken all the steps to ensure that our guests get the best services and hospitality during their stay.

We look forward to see you at our hotel again and feel the new experience of hospitality.

Hotel Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my stay and this will be my hotel of choice when everytime I come in town!
The room itself was clean and very neat. I also noticed that they were upgrading some of the rooms and mine was the recent one. I loved the modern look of the room and it seemed more spacious.

• Stayed June 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed for one night at the Best Western University in an “over-sized” king room. I am completely baffled how this hotel ever rated four stars….The most I can muster is three-if one could award half stars, I would really rate this property a 2.5.

Our first room sported an outdated color scheme and an elevated tiled section with a table and chairs. The bathroom appeared dirty; we tried to wipe the floor but the stains did not come up, suggesting they are permanent. There were no bath towels in the bathroom upon arrival. The overall ambiance was dingy and “tired.” The room would not lock, so we asked to move to another room.

I would classify the staff and customer service as “neutral,” not remarkable, but not horrible either. Our new room was a renovated accessible room with a roll-in shower and tub bench. The “renovation” consisted of new paint, fixtures and laminate flooring-all low quality. The hotel brags about the “new” mattresses. I don’t know the birthdate of our mattress, but I can confirm it was hard and the sheets and blankets were thin and scratchy. All towels were thin and worn. The air conditioner was functional at best-we slept poorly due to the heat and humidity throughout the night.

The hotel is in a geographical area close to I-55. There are several chain restaurants and gas stations close by. We selected this hotel over other properties because of the higher Trip Advisor rating. I would NOT recommend this hotel. I didn’t feel comfortable in the geographical area: all rooms are accessed from the exterior of the building and the surrounding area was commercial and run down. In summary, although functional, the room and service were mediocre at best and for the price, we have stayed at nicer, cleaner and more geographically desirable properties in Hammond.

Room Tip: All rooms are accessed from the exterior of the building. Advise avoiding rooms right by the hotel...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Weilerbach, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We used this Best Western twice. When checking in the front desk person informed us renovations with new mattresses and TVs were happening on the 2nd floor. As one of the other reviews said they had outdated things - not from our observation. We had two parties - one with 4 and another with 2. The rooms were very modern and clean. We arrived later in the evening on 19 June 2012 and we required a room for my Father who is disabled and we both got 1st floors. His room was right next to his handicapped parking spot - bonus! Rooms were quite large with 2 queen beds, refigerator, microwave oven and another room with another TV. The price was around $80 for the night. We stayed 1 night. The front desk clerk Lindsay Broussard was very nice. We kept the room AC cold and had a great night sleep. The breakfast was another story. There was a good selection but the person running the breakfast Ms. Beverly Franklin was more in the way than helpful. The eggs were powdered and not edible in my opinion. We were selective about our choices of items for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a discount in person or book it through Kayak, Hotwire or Priceline.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lexington Inn - Hammond? Share your experiences!