“Nice clean modern rooms with new mattresses; breakfast so-so” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn - Hammond

Save Saved
You added Lexington Inn - Hammond to your Saves list
Lexington Inn - Hammond
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   46053 North Puma Drive, Hammond, LA 70401-7026 (Formerly Hammond University Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Hammond
Weilerbach, Germany
“Nice clean modern rooms with new mattresses; breakfast so-so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We used this Best Western twice. When checking in the front desk person informed us renovations with new mattresses and TVs were happening on the 2nd floor. As one of the other reviews said they had outdated things - not from our observation. We had two parties - one with 4 and another with 2. The rooms were very modern and clean. We arrived later in the evening on 19 June 2012 and we required a room for my Father who is disabled and we both got 1st floors. His room was right next to his handicapped parking spot - bonus! Rooms were quite large with 2 queen beds, refigerator, microwave oven and another room with another TV. The price was around $80 for the night. We stayed 1 night. The front desk clerk Lindsay Broussard was very nice. We kept the room AC cold and had a great night sleep. The breakfast was another story. There was a good selection but the person running the breakfast Ms. Beverly Franklin was more in the way than helpful. The eggs were powdered and not edible in my opinion. We were selective about our choices of items for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a discount in person or book it through Kayak, Hotwire or Priceline.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Moline, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I had a very enjoyable stay. I enjoyed the location, room, staff, and especially the breakfast. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in the area

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The check in was fast and the room was clean.
The staff were very helpful and i recommended for people who is looking for affordable price and clean hotel in Hammond Louisiana.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Calistoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Ideal stop on my long road trip. High quality help. Larger than average rooms with everything I needed in them. Being a westerner, I especially enjoyed the Southern hospitality. Will stay here next time through Louisiana.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have to admit, I was a bit concerned about staying at this hotel because of some of the reviews I saw on Trip Advisor. We had no choice but to stay because they were the only hotel with availability. When we arrived the check in was quick and the front desk person made it personable. The room was very spacious, and clean. We didn't ask for a wake up call thinking we would be up in ample time. We slept so comfortably we over slept. Breakfast was great with a variety of foods to choose from. The housekeeping staff were so friendly. Overall the hotel, the room, and the staff were great. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kennesaw, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This Best Western is sort of haphazardly managed by what appears to be a large family grouping. Friendly people but the room had minor issues, none of which were taken seriously by the front desk when mentioned: no mattress pad on the bed beneath sheet, no numbers/letters on the A/C dial so how to operate? a sticky carpet. That said, it appeared to be clean. I stayed there because they would accept pets -- would try to find something else if I have to pass that way again...

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My reservation was booked via Orbitz and we stayed there over the weekend for the NCAA Final Four Tournament. We arrived in the afternoon on Friday. The reservation was initially for 3 people, however our third cancelled the day before traveling, but this information was not given to the Inn. The reservation was also for two beds in a handicap/wheelchair accessible room as I was in a soft cast recovering from foot surgery and limited on walking/standing. When we got there, the young lady at the front was very nice and cordial. We quickly got our room on the first floor and proceeded to it. When we walked in, there was a king bed and the bathroom was typical (not wheelchair accessible.) We immediately went back to the front desk with our confirmation information and were told that the fault was Orbitz's, that they had not checked with the hotel about availability, and there were no other rooms available with two beds. Our choice was to take the room or to find another place. I proceeded to call Orbitz to discuss this with them. Meanwhile, the other member of my party was on the phone with Best Wester Customer Service. While Orbitz tried to help sort this out, as did Best Western Customer Service, they often tried contacting the Inn directly to speak with the manager only to find that one was not there. After talking with the front desk, I learned that the manager often left at 3:00 pm daily and that there was no night manager. Coming from the service industry, I found this appauling that there wasn't someone there or on call. The young lady finally texted her manager to let her know what was going on with our situation.
After the three hours, we were called back by Orbitz to tell us that they had a room for us. We went back to the front desk and the manager had come back in and "cleaned" a room for us. I found it quite odd that their rooms were not all cleaned. The room given was on the second floor. I hated asking if that was the only thing, but of course I felt like I was asking for too much at that point since they were going out of their way to clean a room for us.
The room was actually quite nice. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was nice. I thought this would be the end of our troubles but they just continued. I could never connect to the wi-fi there and had to use my phone to connect to the internet. There was no information about the hotel whatsoever in the booklet left for us. IE times, service numbers, ect. So it was obvious that this room had been "thrown" together. The next morning we discovered only 2 towels and one washcloth, and one handtowel. The other member of my party went to get a another towel, but after waiting 45 minutes for one to come, we gave up on the endevour. I left the towels folded on the side of the tub hoping for another one. When we got home that night, the beds were made but no new towels and the bathmat was gone leaving us the next morning to share the one towel so that we could put one one the floor. We did request a bathmat, but again, it was never brought. The next night we got home and neither the beds had been made nor had the trash been taken out. But we had two towels a handtowel and one washcloth left. Again, no bathmat. The next morning, we finally went to the maid and requested a towel or mat or something. We found the maid in one of the rooms watching TV. She said that all the towels were being washed and she gave us one from that room. That night, we got back and still, beds not made, trash still not taken out. My companion had to take the trash out himself.
When I got back to my home, I called Best Western Customer Service to let them know about everything. So I'm giving this place 2 stars. The only reason is for the breakfast, which was ok, the room was nice, and the bed comfortable. However, if you are looking to stay multiple nights, I would NOT recommend this place. I may give Best Western another try since they have tried to rectify the situation, but I still have serious reservation.

Room Tip: If you are booking through a 3rd party (travelocity, orbitz) call the hotel directly afterwards to b...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lexington Inn - Hammond? Share your experiences!