“would never go there again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn - Hammond

You added Lexington Inn - Hammond to your Saves list
Lexington Inn - Hammond
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   46053 North Puma Drive, Hammond, LA 70401-7026 (Formerly Hammond University Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Pipe Creek, Texas
“would never go there again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

We were awakened at 12:30 am and again at 5:30 AM by a man banging on the door
saying are you awake in there, when we answered thinking the place was on fire, this
person said I'M Sorry wrong room.
I spoke with the front desk who shrugged his shoulders and said I'm sorry.
Along with a bad nights sleep, the breakfast was awful. The pancake batter was sour and the muffins several days old. I had coffed and left.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
adorableme, General Manager at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, July 30, 2011

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 985-419-2001.

Shekela Coleman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brownwood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were neat and clean...just needed a little upgrading on things but overall were good. The continenral breakfast was terrific every morning. Will definitely return.,

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
adorableme, Front Office Manager at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Thank for you comments regarding your stay at Best Western University, Hammond,LA. We value the opionions of all our guests as our focus is to provide exceptional service and knowing that we have accomplished this goal with you just encourages us to thrive to the level of excellence that all of our guest deserve. Thank you again!
Hammond, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The room was neat and clean, staff was very curteous, the location was perfect within 2 miles of the church in which the Pastor Jones ran revival. Thanks will for sure use the facility when in the area and needing a hotel to stay. Thanks to Mrs. LaShondra Varnado and staff for making Pastor's stay a pleasant expericence.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
BWSALESHAMMOND, Director of Sales at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011 via mobile

Every single person I encountered there was genuinely happy in giving great service. I will definitely be staying again, and would absolutely recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2011
Cordova, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

We checked in the hotel while en route to New Orleans on the evening of September 23. We were in room 109 and all seemed well until we turned in for the evening. Just before we turned the lights off, a very large cockroach crawled on the bed between us and ran under the covers. It entered our bed from the head board area.

My wife is extremely allergic and asthmatic. We decided it would be best to change change hotels instead of running the same risk by changing rooms. The night manager was very understanding and told me our debit card would be credited for the stay.

I checked my account several days later and the credit did not appear. I called the hotel at least six times and could not get an answer concerning when the credit would be issued. Each time the day manager told me she needed to talk to the night manager and general manager before a decision could be made.

Today (10/20/2010) the day manager informed me they would not issue a credit!! I was told they wouldn't issue a credit because we received a $70 rate and the hotel does not issue refunds when this rate is quoted.

Unbelievable!! We were in the room for one hour and they won't refund our money?!?! The last thing we wanted to do was change hotels BUT doing so most likely prevented my wife from having a serious asthma attack.

I do not intend to let this matter pass. I am contacting Best Western Corporate and contacting Hammond's Better Business Bureau.

Stay away from this place folks. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
BWSALESHAMMOND, Director of Sales at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western University Inn. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will
accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail with our exterminating company to not only rectify your situation but also increase the frequency of our onsite services for pest control and steps have been taken to ensure these faults are solved promptly and impeccably for our guests.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western University Inn the next time you are in Hammond, LA . I can assure you I will personally do everything I can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.
Hammond, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

I am a regular guest, this is the only hotel I stay at when I am in town. The staff goes out of there way to make you feel comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

On our way back home to Texas from Florida, we needed a place to stay the night once we were tired from driving. This place is pretty close the highway and because we had such a great experience at Best Western in Pensacola, FL, we decided to stay at another Best Western. We got sent to this Best Western after the one my grandma booked over the phone said that they had our reservation but no room for us?! So we get to this Best Western and the guy checking who was checking us in (who was quite nice) said that there was 2 rooms available but they were both not cleaned. At 10pm they have dirty rooms?!!!? Really? So then they say they could give us a room in the 2nd floor but we had LOTS of luggage and other stuff that's quite heavy. Because we had been on the road for so long, and we're exhausted, we settled for the 2nd floor of this drive up BW and carried all of our stuff up. We get to the room and the door hardly opens. You have to really give a push the get it passed the carpet. By th way, the carpet was FILTHY. It looked like it had lots of build up. The small refrigerator had dirty fingerprints all over the front. The floor in the bathroom was so nasty. It has black drop strains so obviously the floor wasn't mopped. The bottom of th shower looked so dirty. The pillow cases were ridiculously dingy. There was a strand of hair on the bed still. The lock from the inside of the room wouldn't even turn all the way. It was all together a HORRIBLE ROOM. I will say that the people who work there are nice but other than that, I have nothing else positive to say. For the price we payed, we could have definitely stayed somewhere a lot nicer, cleaner, and safer!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
BDM46053, Business Development Manager at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
First of all, as Business Development Manager, I am glad that the guest found the hotel to be easily accessible to the Interstate, as we are very near the interstate and actually the only hotel off of Interstate 55- on exit 32 (Wardline Road/University Ave.) which is the same exit for Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, LA. After further review of the guest’s experience I would sincerely like to apologize as our sister hotel transferred the guest’s reservation due to uncontrollable extended dates of stay for government official guests that were already in house at that time. Per the original reservation, there was not a request for a first floor room, however the guests did request at the time of check-in for a 1st floor room, in which there were only rooms available on the 2nd floor. At Best Western University Inn, we focus greatly on being attentive to all of our guests’ needs especially when they are brought to our attention, in which the guests never reported the issues to the front desk clerk or higher management. As the guest stated, our employees are very nice, and per Best Western University policy, they are specifically trained to handle any issues that are unsatisfactory to the guests, thus we would definitely have done everything within reach to rectify the issue and satisfy the guests. We are appreciative of the business received from our guests & will continue to be attentive to their needs.

Been to Lexington Inn - Hammond? Share your experiences!