“Lax security” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Hammond

You added Comfort Inn Hammond to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Hammond
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Westin Oak Drive, Hammond, LA 70403 (Formerly Executive Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Somerset, Michigan
“Lax security”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

Front desk girl was more interested in talking to her boyfrind than helping us.

Room was clean.

Ethernet connection was slower than dialup.

The indoor swimming pool was quite nice. We called during the evening to have the lights at the pool area turned on. The front desk never did it so we swam in the dark. (Still talking to boyfriend?) After we had finished we noticed later the lights were on at the pool.

There is a door going from the pool to the outside which was not locked therefore anybody could come into the building from outside and gain entry to the main building without using a key card.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
friendship
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

I booked a room a week ahead for Comfort Inn in Hammond for the night of 2 - 26 - 08 because we were going to watch our high school girls' basketball team play in the Sweet Sixteen Tournament. I reserved the room with my credit card and then called a couple of days before arrival to be sure all was well. I was assured all was well, but when we arrived after driving for five hours, the motel had given our room to someone else. They said because the expiration date for the credit card was wrong. My husband, who was trying to check us in, was, of course, upset. Here we were late at night in a town where all rooms, except for smoking ones, were booked up. The staff at the Comfort Inn did not even offer to help us find another place to stay. These people tried to call our home phone, but why would we be at home when we were traveling to Hammond to stay the night? Why couldn't they have waited a little while, as I had told them that we would arrive around 9 PM ? I think the staff here was very inconsiderate and very rude for not even trying to help us after they had given our room away! I would be very careful trying to reserve a room at this motel if I were you.

• Disliked — The inconsiderate and rude check-in staff
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Jackson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

Being on the road atleast 2 days out of the week, I've stayed at the Comfort Inn of Hammond many times now and have had a very pleasant experience every time! The staff is friendly & ready to help day or night and the rooms are very well kept. I would recommend the Comfort Inn to anyone passing through southeast Louisiana. Roger Harding.

• Liked — Friendly Staff.
  • Disliked — Pets Not Accepted.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

The Comfort Inn was one of my companies listed hotels for the Hammond area which I reserved a non-smoking room.

Upon our arrival we were told they only had a smoking room. Unfortunately my son has a very rare immune disease and asthma and can not stay in smoking rooms. We were told by the curt front desk clerk that we could take the smoking room or go elsewhere. Due to my son's condition we opted to go elsewhere. When I shared our decision, she told us fine but we will still charge you as you had to cancel within 24 hours.

Okay, we are being charged a night's stay when we opted to change hotels after being given a choice of the smoking room or to go elsewhere (before 6:00pm) after we were given a Smoking room when guarenteed a non-smoking room and couldn't stay due to my son's condition.

Ybonne is the front desk clerk from hell and it looks like other travelers have crossed her path from the posts on this page.

Mr P, you have a serious service challenge with the unfriendly and unprofessional personel that you have meeting your guests. It's obvious after someone makes a true post on this page that your staff comes in and counters the friendliness.

We plan on taking this extremely rude and dishonest service to the highest level within their hotel group and back to my corporation. It's a shame when one hotel in a group can ruin the opportunies for all the other hotels within this group.

Shame on the Comfort Inn, I would highly recommend travelers NOT TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!! The negative posts are the true service posts of this hotel.

• Disliked — Front Desk Clerk - RUDE
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this review, April 28, 2008
This particular guest did not have a Non-Smoking room reserved at our hotel. She REQUESTED a non-smoking room if one became AVAILABLE after the reservation hotline had informed her that we were sold out of all non-smoking rooms for her date-of-arrival. She still made a reservation at our establishment knowing her reservation would be for a Smoking room. When guest arrived, we understood the fact that her son had a condition and could not stay in a smoking room; however, we also showed her the reservation she made for herself in a SMOKING room but she refused to believe us. We try very hard to accommodate every guest who have special needs; however, we cannot suddenly make non-smoking rooms available which we do not have for that particular date.
FLordia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2007

The staff was very friendly, and helped us with all of our needs. The rooms were clean. The inside pool was nice. Our stay was enjoyable. We will be staying there again. I reccomend it.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2007

As a business traveler I would have to rate this Comfort Inn as the worst hotel I've stayed in. The staff was unfriendly and when you asked them a question that pulled them away from their solitare game on the computer they didn't give you a satisfactory answer. The walls are EXTREMELY thin. My business partner was three doors down and I could here his shower and toilet flush. People were running up and down the halls at all hours of the night. The breakfast would have been better at McDonalds. They had stale cereal and it seems the waffle maker didn't cook the batter all way through. All in all a terrible experience. I'll have to travel frequently to Hammond and I assure you I won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Very thin walls, right next to Interstate off ramp
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2006

Was greeted by unfriendly clerk first of all. Second, We reserved a Handicap room but the only thing handicap about the room we got was the "handicap" sign on door. Room was clean but furniture was old and table leg broke. Bathtub shower.. hand held sprayer did'nt work , leak and sprayed from the bottom of line. Sink pipes not rubberized to prevent legs burns .If I was able I would have change motel .When we checked out I spoke with management but he didn't understand english too well and he never seen nor been in this room..Also management was parked in handicap parking spot. bottomline: This motel does not come close to Comfort Inn standards nor handicap codes.

• Liked — a place to sleep
  • Disliked — bathroom needs updating and better furniture
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Comfort Inn Hammond? Share your experiences!