“Lovely property” 4 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   42126 Veterans Avenue, Hammond, LA 70403   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Hammond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jackson, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel is what you expect from La Quinta. Clean rooms, clean bothrooms, friendly service. It's far enough off the road to have no road noise, so that was not an issue. No complaints. Everything was just good as we have come to expect. It appeared to be fairly new. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Although I woke up late and missed breakfast the lady picking up still let me grab a few things to eat this was very sweet of her. Thank you very much I Appriciated it so much! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything was very clean. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We booked a "two-room suite" which was advertised as being suitable for 5 guests, but it turned out to be a living room and a bedroom, so there were not enough beds for us. We were moved to another room but it wasn't any bigger. If you need a room for 5 or more go somewhere else. The desk guy was nice about it and discounted our rate but it still wasn't a great stay. The walls are thin and you can hear everything going on all around you starting about 5 or 6 a.m. We stayed here as a stopover on our travels. The breakfast was simply terrible. The food was inedible. I was so glad I had brought my Cheerios. If you're counting on the free breakfast to cut costs, definitely stay somewhere else. La Quinta breakfasts are not great but this one was absolutely awful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bronx, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This La Quinta has a lot going for it - it seems brand-new, rooms and property are immaculate, and it's not far (though not walking distance) from a major shopping center. Staff was very nice, particularly in the morning upon check-out. The pool and fitness area seemed very nice too, though I didn't use either.

My main problem was with the soundproofing in my room. I could clearly hear the conversations in the adjacent rooms whenever they were happening, and on all of the mornings of my stay, I was awoken not by my alarm clock, but by the alarm in the next room. For such a new hotel, it's very disappointing that the rooms aren't better soundproofed. I also had the Do-Not-Disturb sign on my door removed (first time I've ever had that happen), though I can't imagine that was the fault of the hotel staff. I would love to stay here again because everything else about the stay was superb, but it's a shame about the sleep quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Was in town for a horse show and was not dressed in the best cloths but this hotel staff made my family feel like we were the most important people arriving! They were all so great! The rooms are very clean and I will stay with La Quinta every chance I get.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond? Share your experiences!