“just OK” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Little Rock, AR
“just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

in an out-of-the-way area, about 3/4 mile from anything, including convenience stores, restaurants, mall, etc. nothing really walking distance except medical offices.
my room was missing a do not disturb sign.
the printer in the business center (really just an alcove in the hallway) was not working. Actually it was not even there. The person at the front desk was no help. I stayed at another hotel recently and they allowed me to print out my 10 pages from their main computer. No such luck here. No printing getting done on this stay. A laser printer at Wal-Mart costs less than $100. Shouldn't be that hard to have a working one, or have a backup when the main one quits.
Fridge and microwave are nice, beds are comfortable. Not a whole lot of light in the room for working. And the desk is right next to the air/heat so you either freeze or sweat while sitting there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Newfoundland, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Booked this La Quita on LQ's website like I have many times before with LQ coast to coast. I brought up all the LQ's in the area and booked this one as others where non smoking.We arrived the music pounding out side from the hotels speakers sounded like I walked into a high school dance. I walked in and the music was pounding in the lobby. I went to check in and found out this is a non smoking hotel but as of 11/25/2012 it says nothing about being non smoking. I went out side and got my computer to search and make sure that I did not make a mistake which I did not. I had to close the vehicles windows under the hotels canopy so my wife and I could talk inside the vehicle due to the music.I cancelled the room and had to drive another 120 miles to Moss point MS. It's funny when you book a room with LQ they have a area for special requests DOES anybody read these probaly not. We wont be back

Room Tip: Walked out wont be back fix the website
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Clearly marked areas for pets. Provided 'goody bags' for pet clean up in the dog walk area. Our fur baby enjoyed his stay and it they made it easy access for us to the exits and well lit areas outside for late night dog walks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Kingwood, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is very clean and the staff is super friendly I can't usually sleep well in hotels but the bed was so comfy I slept like a baby my family and I will stay at this hotel everytime we are in the area and they have available rooms loved it!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQHAMMONDGM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. The feed back is used as a training tool for me but in this case I will definately use it to give my staff a big high five. We are so very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope too see you again soon.

Mickey Dufrene
Houston, TX
1,723 helpful votes 1,723 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We recently spent the night at this LaQuinta in Hammond on our way to Mississippi. We had our dog with us which was one of the main reasons we selected this hotel as they allow pets at no extra charge. We booked our room by calling the Front Desk while en route and got 10% off by giving them our AAA number.

The LaQuinta Hammond was conveniently located a few miles from I-10 and everything (lobby, our room, hallways) was sparkling clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The free breakfast featured the usual assortment of cereal and muffins as well as a waffle machine, hardboiled eggs and 3 kinds of freshly brewed Community Coffee.

What a great find. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I would recommend this hotel. Location was close to shopping and restaurants. Room was clean. Beds were clean. Bathroom was clean. Only suggestion is to lower ac unit early. The room wasn't as cold as I would like thru the night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond? Share your experiences!