“Great place, EVEN BETTER STAFF !!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Hammond
Monterrey, Mexico
“Great place, EVEN BETTER STAFF !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was here just for a quick business visit and this place is conveniently located beside the mall so I had the chance to take a small detour and get something for me and the misses at home.
The rooms are very clean and COMFY and the place looks brand new ! It is located right beside some nice trees also.
There are some great restaurants around the area and a couple of bars/pubs which might be get going at night!
I will definitely be back and this time maybe for a couple of vacation days, I enjoy my visit at Hammond.

Oh, and I went out for dinner and forgot my messenger bag at the restaurant. Brandon from the front desk helped me out by calling the place and have them hold it for me. He was a great host.

Thanks!!

Room Tip: Didnt try the breakfast, but it is not free. This is normal on Holiday Inns that are not express. D...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Wow!! Thank you for such a great review!!! It is humbling as well as appreciated! We love our guests and so happy it shows!

As for breakfast, you are right, we are not an express so normally breakfast is an additional cost. With that being said, we have structured a rate plan that will include breakfast in the room rate. We did this because so many did confuse us as an Express with a free continental breakfast and rather have them leave angry...we adjusted the way we operate.

We look forward to your return trip and if I can be of assistance to you personally...please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stopped to spend the night and I was greatly impressed. The staff was great. The hotel very clean the GM greeted us and offered us complementary wine and beer. Seems like they have a managers special twice a week that ended at 7 and she extended it when she saw us arrive. Nice touch. Room was clean and plenty of towels 6 of each size. They have a small bar and restaurant so it was nice not to have to go out to get a bite.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for that very kind review. I remember you when you came in and have to say that your personality made our ability to serve an added pleasure! We do love our guests and hope that should you be in our area again...please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm regards,
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We checked in VERY late at night or VERY early, depending on one's perspective, as we we were overly ambitious in trying to get to Panama City Beach in one drive. Check in was easy, the staff was pleasant, the room was clean & the beds were very comfortable. Our standards may have been low due to exhaustion, but I really do think we would have stayed here under different circumstances. There were "less expensive" options close by, but I am sure we made the right choice. No noise issues. I hadn't stayed at a Holiday Inn in ages and was pleasantly surprised to see that they've obviously really changed. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so very much for that kind review. It is hard traveling that many hours and then trying to check in to a hotel so I am glad that our staff was pleasant. It is our goal to provide exceptional service as well as product.

We hope that if you are ever in our area again, that you will stay with us. If I can be of assistance to you in future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Gulf Shores. The staff was supper friendly. The room was nice, however, we had a noisy person upstairs that was up all night, which seemed like every hour on the hour. Also, there is a train track very close by. The AC was also of the noisy variety. Wish they had offered a free breakfast. We didn't try the restaurant but the menu looked good. We had dinner at the Santa Fe Steakhouse and it was very good. There are lots of restaurants close by.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is our goal to provide an exceptional experience for each and every traveler, however judging from your comments we fell short of our goal. Please accept my profound apology for a less than perfect experience. Surprisingly, we do not get very many noise complaints from the train even with the proximity of the tracks. That being said, it is not unheard of and I am sorry if that noise and the guest above did disrupt the peacefulness of your stay. We like our guests' well rested.

If you are ever passing this way again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure we take better care of you.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stopped in for the night while traveling home from Texas. This holiday inn was by far the nicest that we've had the pleasure of visiting. We always stay at holiday inns or holiday in express. Very pleased. Restaurant was awesome, front desk wonderful. Rooms clean, up to date.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so very much for that kind review. Our guests' mean the world to us and we do our best to reflect that in our performance, attitude, and service. It says volumes about a person's character when they take the time to complete a positive review when they could simply just be satisfied that their needs and comfort were met. We appreciate it when all of our guests take that extra step so much so that to just say,"Thank you" hardly seems enough.

We hope to see you again real soon!

Pocola, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stopped here on our way home from Florida, hotel is very nice and clean.
They don't have a free breakfast but do have a nice looking restaurant available.
Platinum priority member so we stay at a lot of HI and this is a good one with great southern hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank You very much for your kind review. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations at every opportunity, so when someone takes the time to write such a nice review...we really appreaciate it.

We hope to see you again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Gretchen, you should at least offer a continental breakfast if you aren't going to include breakfast with the room. 11 bucks for breakfast is ridiculous, your not in Paris. Snooty staff who don't realize they have work because of people like me. Will skip this town next time I come through.

• Stayed June 2013
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We had at one time thought about including the full hot breakfast buffet to the room rate across the board, but were advised against it. We do have some rates that are sold online that include breakfast...just not all.

We put a full hot breakfast and a continental breakfast out for that price, as well as having a substantial menu in which to make a selection from.

As for the "snooty employee", I apologize and that behavior is never tolerated. If you would like to contact me directly, I would be more than happy to get further details and address that situation.

Warm regards,
Gretchen

Been to Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore? Share your experiences!