“By far the best hotel in town” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Kansas City, Missouri
“By far the best hotel in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Reasonably priced, clean, quiet rooms and great location. A really nice property. You're a half mile from I12 (East/West) and 2 miles from I55 (North/South). Huge mall across the street and 8 minutes from SLU and the restaurant/entertainment area of Hammond. This is the place to stay. This is the only place I'd stay. The other hotels in town and lower end budget hotels and nowhere near as nice.I'd put this on the same level as the newest version or recently upgraded Courtyard.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you so much for that kind review. It is humbling as well as gratifying as a hotelier to receive such warm and detailed praise. Our team strives to provide exceptional service as well as product and we are glad to have achieved our goals during your stay.

Our location is prime and we are glad you not only recognized that fact, but went so far as to detail it by locations in the area for other travelors. That was an extremely helpful and considerate thing to do.

If I can ever be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Gretchen M. Twickler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
College Park, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The check in was fast and the staff member was very friendly. He tried to find an additional discount for my stay and was more than helpful. The room was spacious. I heard some upstairs noises as other guests walked above me, but it wasn't enough to keep me awake. Great value for the quality. The restaurant downstairs was also nice; super service from staff (hostess seemed a little timid, though). I look forward to being a regular when I'm in Hammond.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of our Hotel. We strive to provide exceptional service as well as product. We are glad when our guests' stay reflects those efforts enough for them to put it in writing.

We look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the future. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Gretchen
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Mike was great when we checked in last night, offered coupons. Nice, clean modern. Only thing I noticel was quite a bit of trash on the grounds outside. Good prices on food and livations at the bar but a free breakfast would have been nice. I will recomend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for the very kind review! It is our goal to provide exceptional service as well as product and (with the exception of the exterior trash issue) we are glad we met our goal with you.

We share your concern on curb appeal....and are addressing that very issue with our new maintenance staff.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This a newer Holiday Inn, It isn't too much different than the other newer Holiday Inn Properties that have been built recently, which isn't a bad thing at all. The rooms are clean and spacious, comfortable beds. Right near interstate and restaurants.

Pros:
Clean and Maintained
Rooms are Spacious and Modern (new tvs, etc)
Big Bathroom
Nice Staff

Negative:
As stupid as this sounds, the beds need bigger pillows. The mini pillows were awkward.
You have to pay for breakfast, which is an average breakfast buffet.
Not a huge thing, but I was not recognized as a Priority Member and did not receive any perks that I have received at other hotels. Friends that were not Priority Members recieved free breakfast and free drinks.

It was a great stay and if I am in the area, will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. I will definitely pass your comments onto Housekeeping regarding the pillows. We are going with larger pillows in the near future.

I am sorry that the clerks did not recognize your priority club status. That is a HUGE error that we will make sure to address.

Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very clean hotel and very comfortable. Do not come to Hammond very often but when I do this will be my place. Nice small bar downstairs to unwind in the evening without leaving and food is not bad either. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good clean hotel with a great value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so very much for that kind review. We strive to provide an exceptional product as well as service. It is a good feeling when our guests let us know we have met the mark .

If I can ever be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Check In clerk was very nice. Hallways were very clean with attractive carpeting. Breakfast in the dining room was reasonably priced.The rooms are nicely decorated very tastefully appointed. The rooms seemed very upscale. Free Internet!.This hotel is across from a very nice shopping mall and movie theatre I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you so very much for such a kind review. We strive to provide exceptional service as well as product, and I am glad we did not fall short of that goal during your visit.

We look forward to seeing you again whenever you are in our area.

May you have a very abundant New year.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Went with my husband and mother for thanksgiving. We were supposed to have adjoining rooms, which we did not, though they were next to each other. The rooms were spacious and updated. The bed was comfortable. The bathrooms were small but fine. The only thing we had go wrong was that our room was never cleaned - in three days. My mother’s room was, so I don't know why ours was not. The maid would show up at 8:00am and if you were in the room would leave, but she never came back. We don't ever have people clean rooms daily when in hotels anyway so the drawback for me was running out of coffee for the coffeemaker, which I just took from my mom’s room. Did not eat in the restaurant as the hotel is in such a handy location, there are many restaurants right out the door.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is our goal to provide exceptional service as well as product and judging from your comments we may have some area of opportunity. It is unusual to not get service during a stay unless a "Do not Disturb" sign is on the door. I am assuming that was not the case since you missed having the service. I will be getting with my executive housekeeper to find out what the problem was so as to avoid this happening in the future.

Warmest regards,

Been to Holiday Inn Hammond - Northshore? Share your experiences!