“Jacmel” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacmel Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 117 Restaurants in Hammond
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: U. S. Highway 190
Transit: Currently Hammond, Louisiana does not have a public transit system.
Biloxi
“Jacmel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Is was good but not great. The bread they served was burnt. My steak was not cooked to order. Salad was just so so. Wait staff great but food was just ok.

• Visited August 2013

Baton Rouge
“Great Atmosphere, Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Took my girlfriend to celebrate being together one year. both had steaks and we were both very satisfied. She likes hers medium while I prefer Medium-rare and they were both perfect. Also our glasses never got close to being empty.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“A great meal before leaving Hammond”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My father and I were looking for somewhere to eat while traveling, and having never been in Hammond before, we weren't sure what options would be available. I found Jacmel Inn on an app on my Iphone and we made reservations through the Yelp app. The Zagat survey had the restaurant listed so high we couldn't pass it up and we are glad we didn't. The meal was outstanding. We both had filets, salads and dessert. Everything was good from the get-go. Jacmel Inn is a beautifully converted house with interesting art and fixtures and a great bar and courtyard. we ate inside though as it was a Tuesday. There were a few people also eating and the servers were attentive. Our glasses were filled without asking and the food came out pretty quickly. We had a great meal and the turtle cheesecake was to die for. I will definitely eat here again next time I'm in Hammond. It is very easy to find as well.

• Visited June 2013
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Very good lunch with clients”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I took two clients to lunch recently and although it's been a couple of years since I've eaten at the Jacmel Inn, the quality of service and the food is still very good, close to excellent.
My clients both had the surf and turf and they thought it was delicious. I had the pan seared drum and it was prepared very well.
I would definitely return to dine here again.

• Visited June 2013
Tickfaw, Louisiana
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Took my wife to this resturant for Valentines Day. Food and service were outstanding and the atmosphere was terrific.
It is a house that has been restored in the middle of town. The chef does a great job with his entrees.

• Visited February 2013