“Fantastic staff, but I would NEVER stay here again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond

You added Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 South Morrison Boulevard, Hammond, LA 70403 (Formerly Quality Inn & Conference Center)   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Lexington, South Carolina
“Fantastic staff, but I would NEVER stay here again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here the 2nd week in June. The parking lot was in total disrepair; however, they were in the process of fixing it. The outside pool was GREEN; however, once again they were in the process of fixing it. The air conditioner would stop working about 10:30-11:00 at night, almost EVERY NIGHT. The indoor pool area was not maintained properly, used Band-Aids lying around the hot tub, food containers, nasty towels, etc. Nor was the indoor pool or hot tub usable as they were both quite nasty. Also, we didn't check in until almost 5:00 pm and they still hadn't cleaned the room they gave us. Then the next room they moved us to had mold all over the bathroom ceiling.

The lobby is gorgeous and the staff were very nice and tried their best, but this "hotel" is in bad need of a makeover. Not to mention we were there with a group and was told that we got a good rate, only to hear other travelers come in without reservations and got their room for about $20 less per night.

All in all it could be a nice place if they cleaned it up significantly. And it would be nice for all hotels to put on their website when their pools, etc, are not usable during your stay period.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments concerning your visit with us. I wish to offer you my sincere apology for the inconvenience you endured during your visit.
We did struggle for several days to get our pool corrected. Unfortunately we did have issues with the pumps on both pools, which have now been corrected. We were also in the process of some repair work on the parking lot, which will be completed this week. Again, I know this does not help you, since we were not able to meet your expectations during your visit.

Your business is very im[portant to us and you can be assured that all issues discssed are being addressed promptly. We again offer our apology and hope that we will have another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Glenda S Hunter, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Palm City, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Frequent drives from Texas to Florida put us in the touristy area of an overnight stay which means $$. After doing some research, I found this property in Hammond. It's an older property that has been taken care of. We stayed in an exterior room because we needed a pet friendly room.
Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking time to send aq review on your recent stay to our hotel here in Hammond. We do appreciate your kind words and I will share your comments with my Staff.

We do strive very hard to give all of our guests great Guest Service and we are delighted to learn that you were comfortable and happy with your visit. Your business is very important to us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Respectfully,

QUALITY INN AND CONFERENCE CENTER.

Glenda s Hunter, CHA
The Woodlands, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

When we drove up, we notice the parking lot was packed due to a car show they were having in the hotel parking lot. At first we thought it was kinda neat until we realized that these are some very rude people. I'll mention more about them later. We got to our room and immediately noticed that our room has not been cleaned. There was urine on the toilet seat, crumbs on the carpet, and the bathroom floor was dirty. We called down to the front desk and the clerk changed our room. I must mention, he was very nice. The "car show" people blocked the parking lot with themselves and gave dirty looks as we drove by. On Sunday morning when we were leaving, They were having "church service" in the middle of the parking lot( many were on scooters), we drove up thinking they would move out of the way so we could get out, however, they all just gave us the evil eye and one man rudely told us to back up because they were having church...like we were supposed to know this! Oh, and in the same parking lot, they played karaoke at night.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We thank you for taking time to voice your comments concerning your visit to our hotel. I was sorry to learn that you were inconvenienced during your visit. We host the car show and have done so for the last 6 years. We apologize if anyone was rude to you and blocked your way while you were driving through. I will of course mention this to the Car Show organizer so he can take necessary steps to assure that this does not happen in the future. I am pleased to learn that our front desk associate was helpful and found you another room immediately.
Guest satisfaction and comfort is always our priority here at our hotel.

Please again accept our apology for your inconvenience. Your business is important to us and we hope that we do have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Glenda S Hunter, CHA
Charlottetown, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The front end looks awesome and the included breakfast was very good. However, our room was not in keeping with the name of the hotel. We did get a good rate, but the room was very run down and the bathtub was disgusting. Too tired to move after a long day on the road, so we put a towel in the tub before showering. We noted that unlike evrywhere else we had stayed in our long road trip, we were not asked how the room was!! Perhaps they are doing a gradual renovation to the rooms. We would not stay there again unless the rooms were better.

Room Tip: Would ask to see the room before unloading the car!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for our hotel. We do appreciate your business and did want to let you know that we are indeed in the process of working on our bathtubs. We have treated the tubs with a non-skid chemical and unfortunately some of them are discolored, but are very clean. We have investigated and found a new chemical that will rectify the problem and are presently working on these tubs.

Again, thank you for your review, we would appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

First they scheduled my room incorrectly for smoking, no biggy I caught it on conformation and changed it. Next my roommate for the conference cannot climb stairs and there was not an elevator. They kindly changed the room to downstairs, when I opened the door I found a room that looked like it had been used as a frat house, including beer bottles everywhere. This time I entered the lobby by a side door and saw some lovely rooms inside and unoccupied, I requested one and they arranged it for me. I do have to say the staff was accommodating the other people in our group were not so lucky. The rooms were moldy, one room the carpet was soaking wet. Another had nothing but hot hot water and one person accidentally used there key to open the wrong room. I do have to say the staff didn't seem very concerned. That's scary. I understand a few problems but come on, no one in our group didn't have a problem. If your going to stay, ask for a room inside, it was great.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for our hotel. I was delighted to learn that my Staff was accommodating and was able to honor your request so that you were comfortable during your visit. However, i was disappointed to learn of the other issues you discussed.

We do try to make sure everyone is comfortable and can only apologize for any inconveniences.

Again, we thank you for your comments and look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you once again in the future.

QUALITY INN AND CONFRERENCE CENTER

Mountain Home, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Utilized a "room saver coupon" for a great price and was pleased to find a very comfortable, clean room. The bed was comfortable with nice bedding. The staff was pleasant and helpful. There was an indoor and outdoor pool that looked inviting and clean. The lobby is impressive and opulent! The only complaint I had was that the "towel fairy" failed to leave bath towels which we didn't discover until 6:30 a.m. and the front desk said I could come get them....grrrr! There is shopping nearby and a seafood restaurant directly across the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
We appreciate you taking time to drop a comment concerning your visit to our property. Thank you for your kind words. I will share your review with my staff.

It is our goal to make each and every one of our guests comfortable and happy during their visit to our property. I was a little disappointed to learn that you did not have your towels replaced and that you had to walk to the front desk to get clean towels. I will certainly address this with our Executive Housekeeper as well as the Associate who cleaned your room.

Your business is very important to us and we look forwardard to serviing you again in the near future. Again, Thank You. !

Duson, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean, staff was great very friendly and welcoming. Lobby restrooms were very clean. Breakfast was good and warn. The room was clean and neat upon checking in and even when we return from our day out it was nice to walk into a clean room after a long day in the sun.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your great comments concerning your visit to our hotel. I will be sure to share your review with my Staff Members.

Our # 1 Priority here at the Quality Inn and Conference Center is excellent guest service. I am delighted to learn that we were able to achieve our goal during your visit.

Your business is very important to our hotel and we certainly look forward to serving you again in the near future. See you next year for Strawberry Fest ! We do have a car show coming to our hotel on the 25 and 26th of this month. You might want to stop by for a visit.

Thank you again.

Glenda S. Hunter, CHA

Been to Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond? Share your experiences!