“Just so-so” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond

Save Saved
You added Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 South Morrison Boulevard, Hammond, LA 70403 (Formerly Quality Inn & Conference Center)   |
Ranked #10 of 16 hotels in Hammond
Charlottetown, Canada
“Just so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The front end looks awesome and the included breakfast was very good. However, our room was not in keeping with the name of the hotel. We did get a good rate, but the room was very run down and the bathtub was disgusting. Too tired to move after a long day on the road, so we put a towel in the tub before showering. We noted that unlike evrywhere else we had stayed in our long road trip, we were not asked how the room was!! Perhaps they are doing a gradual renovation to the rooms. We would not stay there again unless the rooms were better.

Room Tip: Would ask to see the room before unloading the car!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for our hotel. We do appreciate your business and did want to let you know that we are indeed in the process of working on our bathtubs. We have treated the tubs with a non-skid chemical and unfortunately some of them are discolored, but are very clean. We have investigated and found a new chemical that will rectify the problem and are presently working on these tubs.

Again, thank you for your review, we would appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

First they scheduled my room incorrectly for smoking, no biggy I caught it on conformation and changed it. Next my roommate for the conference cannot climb stairs and there was not an elevator. They kindly changed the room to downstairs, when I opened the door I found a room that looked like it had been used as a frat house, including beer bottles everywhere. This time I entered the lobby by a side door and saw some lovely rooms inside and unoccupied, I requested one and they arranged it for me. I do have to say the staff was accommodating the other people in our group were not so lucky. The rooms were moldy, one room the carpet was soaking wet. Another had nothing but hot hot water and one person accidentally used there key to open the wrong room. I do have to say the staff didn't seem very concerned. That's scary. I understand a few problems but come on, no one in our group didn't have a problem. If your going to stay, ask for a room inside, it was great.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for our hotel. I was delighted to learn that my Staff was accommodating and was able to honor your request so that you were comfortable during your visit. However, i was disappointed to learn of the other issues you discussed.

We do try to make sure everyone is comfortable and can only apologize for any inconveniences.

Again, we thank you for your comments and look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you once again in the future.

QUALITY INN AND CONFRERENCE CENTER

Mountain Home, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Utilized a "room saver coupon" for a great price and was pleased to find a very comfortable, clean room. The bed was comfortable with nice bedding. The staff was pleasant and helpful. There was an indoor and outdoor pool that looked inviting and clean. The lobby is impressive and opulent! The only complaint I had was that the "towel fairy" failed to leave bath towels which we didn't discover until 6:30 a.m. and the front desk said I could come get them....grrrr! There is shopping nearby and a seafood restaurant directly across the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
We appreciate you taking time to drop a comment concerning your visit to our property. Thank you for your kind words. I will share your review with my staff.

It is our goal to make each and every one of our guests comfortable and happy during their visit to our property. I was a little disappointed to learn that you did not have your towels replaced and that you had to walk to the front desk to get clean towels. I will certainly address this with our Executive Housekeeper as well as the Associate who cleaned your room.

Your business is very important to us and we look forwardard to serviing you again in the near future. Again, Thank You. !

Duson, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean, staff was great very friendly and welcoming. Lobby restrooms were very clean. Breakfast was good and warn. The room was clean and neat upon checking in and even when we return from our day out it was nice to walk into a clean room after a long day in the sun.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your great comments concerning your visit to our hotel. I will be sure to share your review with my Staff Members.

Our # 1 Priority here at the Quality Inn and Conference Center is excellent guest service. I am delighted to learn that we were able to achieve our goal during your visit.

Your business is very important to our hotel and we certainly look forward to serving you again in the near future. See you next year for Strawberry Fest ! We do have a car show coming to our hotel on the 25 and 26th of this month. You might want to stop by for a visit.

Thank you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Staff was wonderful very helpful. Rooms need a little upgraded but very comfortable
Had a party in the LaVetra room very well set up food was great. I recommend this hotel to anyone. Great, great, great. My grandson got locked in the room maintenance can within a minute had it unblocked did great job.

• Stayed April 2013
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to drop review of our hotel. We thank you for your very kind words. Our # 1 Priority is Great Guest Service and I was delighted to learn that my Staff responded to your needs promptly.

Your business is very important to us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

I will share your review with my Staff.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I checked in late night, my room was dirty and I was quickly given another room and a call from the front desk to confirm it was clean. The room was good quality for the price as I had a special coupon offer for $65 from one of these coupon mags available at Denny's.

The lobby was very clean, breakfast was a hot buffet with all the basics and a bit more.

And you can even request a room so you can see your car from the window.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review of our hotel based on your recent visit. We do strive for Excellent Guest Service and to make sure all of our guests are comfortable during their visit.

Your business is important to us and we are delighted to hear that we did meet our goals for your visit.

We look forward to serving you again in the future and again thank you for your comments.

Glenda S Hunter, CHA
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

What an unexpected surprise. One walks into a grand lobby from the 60's - elegant and clean. The rooms have been remodeled, but there are a few pieces of older furniture. The beds are very comfortable and the room/bathroom clean. All items in the room functioned perfectly. The breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room with an microwave and refrigerator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to drop a note with your comments concerning your visit to our hotel here in Hammond. We were happy to learn that you were comfortable and enjoyed your visit. We do strive to make sure all of our guests are comfortable during their visits and I was happy to hear that we were able to meet our goal of Great Guest Service.

We thank you for your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Respectfully,

QUALITY INN AND CONFERENCE CENTER.

General manager

Been to Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond? Share your experiences!