“Ok for a cruise stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Westbank Expressway Building A, Gretna, LA 70053 (Formerly Clarion Inn Westbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Gretna
Chicago Area
“Ok for a cruise stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Not too bad if you need a place to park your car for a week if you are bording a cruise but thats the only benefit of this hotel.

Beware of the shuttle as its never on time. We took a taxi to the port and saved alot of headaches. The breakfast is average but they do run out of things quickly don't replaced them.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have stayed here previosly with no issues but oh what a change. It started off with a long wait to check in. Only one person manning the desk.. That one person checking in people, answering phone, and dealing with hotel staff. After almost an hour finally get our room.
Get to the room. Need to call desk for blanket and there is no phone. Have to call from my cell. Tell them of no phone and need for blanket neither came.
Upon making this reservation we did the Park and Cruise rate and at that time inquired about handicapped accessible travel to the ship. Was reassured that it would be provided. Upon check in I again inguired and was again reassured. But the next morning when we went to get on the 9am shuttle no accessible shuttle. After waiting for an hour talkng to so called management with no help there finally had to catch our own cab to port.
I would stay away from this one until they do some changes which I dont think is coming. I posting my complaints on the Quality Inn site with no reply.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn Gretna. They have a deal of $140 for a hotel room for a night, buffet breakfast, a shuttle to and from the port, and a parking spot for your car for the week. It ended up being right about $166. The room was not the greatest, but not bad. I guess you get what you pay for. We checked in at 8 PM and there was a line of about 8 families. With only 1 person behind the counter, we waited about 22 minutes in line to check in. Our room smelled like chlorine (and the pool was still closed for winter!). Other than that, no issues. The breakfast consisted of Cheerios, Fruit Loops, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage gravy, bacon, muffins, biscuits, orange and apple juice, milk and coffee. Noting too exciting. All the food was pretty bland/average. Parking was a regular parking lot. Their shuttle leaves every hour, on the hour, starting at 9 AM, and the bus seats probably 30 people. It was about a 20 minute drive/wait in the shuttle (most of that 20 minutes was waiting to get up to the drop off point). After the cruise, we waited about 30 minutes for a return shuttle. Overall, decent hotel and shuttle services and would CONSIDER using them again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside (toward pool area) were said to be quieter.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I can't believe they put my luggage on my bed when I came back after one day trip!!!!!! And they also forgot to clean my friends room, change towels. We ask the front desk, they promised to call us back but they didn't.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed in this hotel while on conference. This is one of the worst hotels/motels I have ever stayed in. Let me itemize my points of frustration:

1. My toilet broke down. Despite repeated calls to the front desk, no one came to service it.
2. My phone didn't work.
3. Hotel was understaffed and service was incredibly slow. The front desk always had long line-ups. I waited for more than 1 hour for appetizers that I ordered at their restaurant. I finally had to cancel my order because it was taking so long.
4.My room was not service consistently on a daily basis.

I strongly urge anyone staying in New Orleans to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Katy, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Four of us had a room here the Friday night before our cruise. The place is old, smelly and dirty. We had a third floor room on the far east side of the building and the only working elevator was on the total opposite corner. It was a pretty long walk with all the luggage. The desk chair was broken and the paint is peeling off the walls and doors. On the bright side - they have a parking package that includes free shuttle to the port. But make sure you book with the parking package which isn't included in an Expedia booking.

Lafayette, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked a non-smoking, king sized room as part of the park and cruise package. Despite our reservation stating non-smoking, our room had a strong odor of smoke, an ashtray on the desk, and cigarette burns on the toilet seat. When we asked the front desk about the room, they assured us that it was a nonsmoking room and that the ashtray was placed there by mistake and nothing was done to remedy the situation. My husband and I both woke up with scratchy throats and coughs, not the way we wanted to start our cruise.
We could hear the family talking in the room behind ours clearly through the wall. They were not talking loudly but we knew every word they said.
The front desk was very understaffed for the number of people that were trying to check in. Very long lines.

The breakfast matched the quality of the hotel. Simple and the bare minimum service provided.

The shuttle to the ship was fantastic. We were on the first 9AM shuttle and were the first group to board the ship. The return shuttle was terrible. We called and waited. After calling it didn't seem promising that the shuttle would ever come so we took a taxi back.
The parking was ample and well lit and I felt safe leaving my car there for a week.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!