“Park & Cruise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Westbank Expressway Building A, Gretna, LA 70053 (Formerly Clarion Inn Westbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Gretna
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Park & Cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Booked a one night stay here prior to our 4/16 cruise via Stay123. Looks like a lot of the rooms are being redone... Ours smelled like fresh paint once we were allowed to check in. Room was a unremarkable basic hotel room. The $129 price tag (I hope) included 5 days of parking in thier open and somewhat unattended parking lot. Car was still there a week later... unharmed. Yippee!

• Stayed April 2012
Cindy B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
To Our Valued Guest;

My name is Cindy Bishop . I am the General Manager of Quality Inn Suites of Gretna. We are in the process of Remodeling our rooms.I apologize for the paint smell of the room you were checked into. The rate that you had with our Park & Cruise did include your Parking and I assure you our Hotel is safe and in a great location.I really hope in the future You stay with us again. You will see the wonderful upgrades we are doing to our property to assure our guest that they are in their Home Away from Home!

Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I laughed at the review "If you don't like the hotel maybe the problem is you". No I'm sorry, no water, no phone service, those aren't my fault. This is a about a $40 a night motel at 3 times the price. Of course the staff have to be nice - to handle all the complaints I'm sure they receive.

The facilities are in poor upkeep. My shower cold knob was broken, so I had to stand outside a boiling hot shower, burning my hands while I splashed myself to rinse. It's hard to get a wake up call when the phone is not working.

Plenty of stains on the linens and carpet. External access doors. And the icing on the cake: the room numbering system is completely confusing with all even numbers on one section, all odd numbers on another. You think room 2088 and 2087 are side by side? No way Jose.

Room Tip: room numbering system is completely confusing with all even numbers on one section, all odd numbers...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cindy B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
To Our Valued Guest;

I apologize for all of the inconveniences you encountered at our Hotel. As for the water and phone service issues, I have addressed those in which we were not aware of this problem. And yes our numbers can be confusing but, most exterior properties are numbered like that and I apologize again for any mis-information or direction you were given. We are in the process of putting new carpet in all rooms and our new bed linens will be in June 1, 2012. All rooms are inspected on a daily basis for cleanliness. Again I apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered and hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business back on your next visit to the area.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We booked the hotel through Stay123.com so we could leave our car there while on our cruise. The hotel was very nice and the shuttle service to/from the cruise port was efficient. Many thanks to our driver Rashad Qassim and the friendly folks at the front desk!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
To our valued Park & Cruise Guest,
I am so grateful that you have experienced our wonderful Park & Cruise package through Stay123.com Program. It is very convenient for our guest to have everything offered in one package when they are trying to plan this kind of vacation. Rashaad is a Brand new Team member and we are so grateful to have him with us and we are thankful for all of our staff's professionalism and customer service . We as a team will continue to accommodate our guest in every way. Thank you for being apart of our Quality Inn Suites West bank Family.

Hope to see you on your next Cruise or visit to the New Orleans area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews I was very hesitant to stay here but was pleasantly surprised by the overall hotel and it's staff. Was checked in with no problems and ate in the bar area several times. Service was great the bartender and waitress were very nice and gave me and my husbands tips on were to eat and shop at in New Orleans! The aquarium was amazing and just as our waitress said, the french market was unique and a great spot for souvenir shopping. Our room was clean and comfy and anytime we needed extra towels or amenities our needs were taken care of right away. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2012
Cindy B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
To our valued guest:
My name is Cindy Bishop .I am the New General Manager at the Quality Inn Suites In Gretna, Louisiana. I am so pleased that Your Guest experience with our hotel and staff was so outstanding and accommodating for your stay on April 10,2012 .On your return trip to the New Orleans area we really hope you will stay with us again .Hospitality is what we do and we want you to feel like you are in a home away from home.
Thanks again for staying with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it provided shuttle service to Port New Orleans. We needed to use their computer/printer. The guest equipment was not working correctly. The front desk staff let me use their offices two different times to print documents for our cruise. They truely went above and beyond!

Yorktown, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Overall the hotel was good. Not higher inn but good enough to stay the night in to catch the crusie ship. They took us to the ship and also picked us up. We did the park and fly package. We also stayed another night after we got off the cruise ship. They took us too and from the ferry that let you off on the board walk so you could go see the frech quarters and many other sites. We seen the Aqurium. Highly recommend for anyone of any age. They had so many different animals to see. Great for children our daughter loved it. I had never seen a white alligator. that was something too see. New Orleans was beautiful too see can't wait to port out of there again. Next time will be able to spend more time and see a whole lot more.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
To our valued Guest,
My name is Cindy Bishop. I am the General Manager of the Quality Inn Suites In Gretna, Louisiana where you stayed for your most recent hotel stay. We are so glad to hear that the convenience of our shuttle brought you and your family where you need to go and experience a little more than expected like the White Alligators! Our park and cruise program is awesome and we really look forward to having you stay with us on your next cruise.
Thanks again for staying with Quality Inn Suites in Gretna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from a 4 night stay for the Final Four in New Orleans. While we've certainly paid more to stay in much fancier hotels, but we've seldom experienced a more collective positive attitude from an entire staff, anywhere. Housekeeping, the desk staff, the bartenders and even the kid that was collecting the trash all had a smile and a kind word to say.

Convenient location with a free shuttle to the Algiers ferry that drops you right at the aquarium. Cab ride back from the Quarter was $15. Pay 5 times more to stay across the river if you want, but I can't imagine you having a much more positive experience there. The people of Gretna were all just as friendly as the hotel staff. They genuinely appreciate having guests (and their business) there!

Stayed April 2012
To our valued guest,
My name is Cindy Bishop. I am the General Manager of the Quality Inn Suites in Gretna ,Louisiana.I remember speaking to you all a few times throughout your stay, and we are so happy that all the information given to you by our staff was utilized for your trip. New Orleans is A great Experience. Again ,"Hospitality is what we" We look forward to having you stay with us again
Thanks so much!

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!