“Nice and clean and good location off I-10” 5 of 5 stars

Western Inn Gonzales
1712 West Hwy 30, Gonzales, LA 70737   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Gonzales
Houston, Texas
“Nice and clean and good location off I-10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed 1 night 11-4-2012 room upstairs clean with microwave and refrigerator paid
$69.60 total cheaper than other near by hotels..The room was clean no oders with king size bed,flat screen tv..If your a semi truck driver forget it..No parking for anything over 20'ft so it's cars and pickups only..Located off I-10 east exit 177...Many near by fast food joints..If your going to New Orleans,La anything further south will cost more per night..This hotel serves no breakfast at all nothing,except coffee..The room has everything lots of pillows and blankets and mattress padding good..I'll be back I noticed alot of other contractors staying at this hotel..Just remodeled.

Room Tip: I would call in advance like around 12pm to make sure they have a room because this area always stay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Florence, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have stayed here a few times in the past without any problems, but this last trip has been awful. There are only two of the front desk attendants that are even competent enough to handle a job such as this. One of them quit last night also. I payed for a weeks room rent when I got into town last Tuesday night. The usual rate was 331.00 which I had no problem with. i was told when I got here that they had no more of those rooms available but she did have one for 348.00 at the weekly rate. keep in mind this has occurred after a two hour check in process which included one of the idiots that work here swiping my credit card so many times that the bank locked it out under the assumption it was stolen. I then had to go in search of a bank at midnight to find a bank to get cash to pay for the room. Ok got in my room finally at one a.m. 5 days later I go to get into my room and my card will not work. in short the owner of the hotel tried to short me two days on a weeks rental, argued with me saying that I owed him money and when I showed the receipt proving I was right, he told me to leave and said that they didn't need my business. When I refused one time he called 911. He ended up making the situation right after several hours of arguing with the local city police after they reviewed both stories from myself and him and had to force him to honor the deal. I will not be giving him any more of my business. I also strongly discourage anyone else from staying at any of the hotels in Gonzales because he either owns them or they have a bug infestation problem or both. You have been warned.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
St. Martinville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

For the past month our company has had 5 rooms booked at this hotel. After staying and dealing with many hotels in the past, this is absolutely the WORST. The staff is so rude and unprofessional. Only Carla would help us. We were overcharged several times and had to watch our bill like a hawk. We were charged $400.00 for a broken door that was broken already. Since our employee didn't report it, we were charged. Our personel were working 12 hour shifts 24 hours a day, so someone was always in the room. The maid would bang on the door andwake them up at all hours. She even tried to throw one out and told him if he didn't pay his biil, he could leave. The poor man went to the front desk to complain since the bill was the companies responsibility, and he was yelded at and told if he didn't like it he could leave.Talking to the manager was even worst. NO HELP AT ALL. The customer is NEVER right at this place. They are a bunch of morons. PLEASE DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE.

Room Tip: Check out every other hotel but this one in the area. A tent would be better.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Gonzales, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I will complain to the Better Business Bureau on these people. It was the worst customer service ever. When I went to check in I asked if they had a weekly rate & I was told there wasn't. I was also told that the single & double rooms were the same price. I found out from a different clerk that there was a weekly rate on certain rooms. I also found out later that the single bed room was $10.00 cheaper. I moved to the single room. In the first room the alarm clock was broken & the safety latch was broken. The toilet was dirty & the bed sheets were never changed. In the second room the bathtub stopper was missing & so was the iron. I let them know this & said there was no maintenance man at night. It took 2 days for them to replace them. On the 2nd day in the single room, housekeeping did not clean my room. I had to go to the front desk to get towels. I called the next day & complained & asked to speak to a manager & the clerk told me she would be in the next day from 7 to 3. When I called the new clerk told me they do not have a manager, they only have the owner & she said I could not call her & she would not give her my number to call me. She said she would call her & would let her know about my complaints. I told her if she could ask if I could get a discount or compensated in some way. She told me she would call & for me to call her back in 2 hours. I did & she told me the owner said no way would she give me a discount & said I should've asked for another room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Western Inn Gonzales? Share your experiences!