“Kamal's is simply the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 76 Restaurants in Gonzales
Cuisines: Lebanese
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Kamal's is simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I stumbled across Kamal's in January of 2008 , and we've been going at least twice a month ever since. The food is fresh and delicious, the service is prompt and friendly, and the atmosphere is warm and unpretentious. Kamal often visits with customers and makes them feel as if they are sharing dinner in his home. Our favorite dish is the Mediterranean Chicken, and our favorite appetizer is the Musaka (eggplant, tomatoes, and onions cooked in tomato sauce with garlic and peppers). The lentil soup is great on a cold day, and has just the right amount of black pepper to open up your sinuses without being overbearing. Other dishes we love include the Chicken Delight, the Gyro Plate, and the Chicken Shawarma plate. The cabbage rolls are also yummy. I like them with extra grecian sauce on the side (same as Greek Tzatziki). I am very picky about hummus, but Kamal's passes my finicky taste test. There's no other Greek or Lebanese restaurant for me because Kamal's is simply the best!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Friendswood, texas
“Great food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I was staying in Gonzales and looking for something better than the fast food and chain restaurants near my hotel. Well, Kamal's Kafe hit the spot! We had great service and good food. We especially enjoyed thier lebanese version fo fried cheese!

• Visited December 2011