“Best free breakfast I've seen” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Gonzales
Ball, LA
“Best free breakfast I've seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The staff was friendly and the hotel and room smelled new. We got a double bed room and it was pretty large for the type of room. The closet was actually a walk in that had 2 doors on opposite sides to get to (our 4 year old had fun playing hide and seek in it lol) There could've been more room in the shower and toilet area but I like that the sink and mirror were seperate. The complimentary hot breakfast was The best spread I've seen. Scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, biscuits plus home fries. They did have packaged grits and oatmeal and hot water available if we needed it along with the usual bagels, muffins and fresh fruit. Very nice, and if we needed a place in this area to say again I wouldn't hesitate to choose here and recommend to friends.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this hotel. Both times I experienced rude staff. The first incident was about a month prior. I was rudely awakened by housekeeping twice even though I had a do not disturb sign posted on the door. On this occasion I arrived at the hotel and requested to be on the opposite side of the hotel from the pool because I'm a light sleeper. The front desk clerk told me she could not honor my request because rooms had already been assigned to customers who had not checked in yet and the hotel was booked to compacity. Which was a lie because I checked the app on my phone and rooms were still available. So I called customer service and explained the situation and magically a room appeared on the side of the hotel I requested to be on. This receptionist was just being lazy and didn't want to do her job and accommodate me, her customer, but guess what no customers no jobs.

• Stayed August 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

When I arrived at the hotel no one was at the front desk to check me in, this was well after 11pm. I had spoken with someone earlier in the evening and he assured me a late check in would not be a problem. Finally a young gentleman walked in through the front door reeking of cigarette smoke. He asked how he could help me, he rolled his eyes through the entire reservation and check in process, and seemed as if he didn't want to be there. I got to my room and was amazed by it, one of the most beautiful hotel rooms I have ever stayed it. The next morning I was greeted by a wonderful young man at the front desk, I think his name was Ricky. He promptly asked me how my night was and I told him of my dilemma and he assured me that he would let his managers know of the situation. The problem was taken care of and I plan and exclusively using the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Gonzales for all of my travel needs. Marriott is lucky to have a great guy like Ricky at their property in Gonzales, he is an assett.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are amazing, complete with mini kitchen area,.. Great for those away on business for weeks at a time..
Theres a Tanger outlet mall as well as cabelas, located next door for a fun day of shopping, or pelican point golf course only five miles away for you golf lovers!

• Stayed April 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Right across from the outlet mall and next to Cabela's. That should keep everyone happy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and has very easy access from I-10. Fast food and more formal dining available locally. Only 15 minutes into Baton Rouge and 45 minutes from New Orleans. The hotel is well situated for those on business trips to the industrial plants along the Mississippi near Gonzales and Geismar.

Room Tip: They have very inexpensive 2 room suites, so keep it in mind if you are travelling with kids or othe...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cindi S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge Gonzales, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay
and I sincerely hope you will come again.
Cindi Smiley
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed one night recently at this hotel in preparation for a business meeting. I came into town late (around 10 pm) and was welcomed upon my arrival by a very friendly person working the front desk. When I mentioned that I had a reservation, he immediately called me by name, handed me keys to the room and indicated I had been upgraded to a suite. It wasn't just a one bedroom suite but a two bedroom suite with a kitchenette and den!

The room was clean and well appointed (multiple flat screens, 3 separate HVAC controls for the different living areas, etc.). I have a very nice stay with a basic free breakfast the next morning. I would recommend this hotel based on my experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cindi S, Manager at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge Gonzales, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your response. We are so glad you liked our property and
hope you will return soon.
Cindi Smiley
Director of Operations
Avalon Hotel Group, LLC
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for one night passing through and visiting someone in Baton Rouge. This appeared to be a new hotel. Front desk clerk was very professional. Rooms were great and plenty of space for my wife and I. Breakfest was limited to a basic continental style. All in all it's a good hotel. It seems to be designed more for the extended stay.

• Stayed October 2011
Cindi S, Owner at TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge Gonzales, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review! We hope you will visit us again as we
have upgraded our breakfast to better serve you!

Been to TownePlace Suites Baton Rouge Gonzales? Share your experiences!