“Service was good...food was below average” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 75 Restaurants in Gonzales
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Memphis
“Service was good...food was below average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

What a disappointment. It was packed with holiday shoppers, but the food was barely edible. For being in Cajun country, the worst gumbo I've ever had. Had to send it back to be reheated. Campbell's in a can has a better gumbo. In a pinch shopping at Cabella's expect and hungry, ok, but for good seafood, keep driving.

Visited December 2013

Missouri City, Texas
“Good Foot / Good Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I ate here several times over the course of a week. I had the red beans and rice, friend catfish and friend shrimp. Everything served was good tasting. My only complaint was the lack of healthier choices outside of salads.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sour Lake, Texas
“Simply the Best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was our Anniversary dinner, that we shared with our twins and one of our adult children. Ashley was our server, and was honestly the best server I have ever had....in my life!! Her timing was perfect, with a friendly demeanor and yet not over done!! We had the Blackened Alligator and Jacked up Oysters for appetizers. They were both wonderful, but the Oysters were so amazing, I actually ordered a dozen for my entrée! We also had the Don's sampler, the Fish of the day which was Mahi Mahi, a grilled chicken salad and deep fried shrimp. Each dish was wonderfully cooked and very tasty! For drinks we had the Cajun Bloody Mary....YUM!!! And a very nice Pinot Grigio by Joel Gott, which was also wonderful! All in All....this is the best restaurant I've been to in a long while!! I will make the 4 hour drive to come again!!! Thank you to Don's Seafood and Ashley for my best Anniversary dinner EVER!!!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“second time lucky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Having eaten at the other Dons we decided not to go again.Some other guests had just returned from their saying how great it was.Off we went and we were most pleased by the selection of foods and the great service. cant recall what we had but we left there happy overall.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Only place around with fried crab claws.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Pretty good place to eat after walking around for an hour or so at Cabellas. This is the only place that I've found in Southern Louisiana with fried crab claws. Love em. The waiters are friendly and you can sit on the patio and chillax. Prices are decent. Good times, and we'll be back.

• Visited June 2013