“This is not a business its a social event for all workers cause all they do it talk and not serve their guests.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Emerald Hills Golf Resort

Emerald Hills Golf Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florien
Emerald Hills Golf Resort
Save Saved
You added Emerald Hills Golf Resort to your Saves list
42618 Highway 171 South, Florien, LA 71429   |
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at this so called hotel my room was filth I had to clean my own room. As for room service what room service? The housekeeping staff couldn't even clean my room. I had made reservations weeks in advice so why wasn't my room clean when I got there? That in itself was wrong. I personally think that whoever owns this hotel really needs to take a long hard look at who they have working for them. The employees are very rude and they would rather talk to each other then serve guests. I would not tell anyone I know to go there to stay. It was the worst place I had ever tried to relax in.

• Stayed April 2011

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

The actual golf course is fine and has a cadre of astute maintenance personnel to care for the course. My review is based on the total package, the course itself and the so called “hotel” associated with it. The hotel portion is in TERRIABLE shape, cracks in the walls, toilets that leak on the floor, absolutely disgusting “clean towels”, numerous stains on the carpet, and a total of five channels on an antiquated 19” TV make for the most miserable stay I have ever had. My recommendation is simply this, if you want to golf here it is a decent course, just don’t lodge here or you will regret it……

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

13 families went together and stayed while playing in the 7-8 year old state tournement. When we checked in we paid cash and it took two days to get a receipt. We were told before we arrived the rooms were clean. Nothing was mentioned of the huge red stains in the carpets that looked like a crime scene(I got Pictures). Only 1 ice machine for an approx. 111 room facility that barely filled 1 bucket. All vending machines were empty and stayed empty our entire stay. We were told before we arrived there was onsite laundry. Washing machine was broke and never fixed our entire stay. The second day my wife spoke to the manager Elizibeth Chance and she said she would have someone there to let us use there laundry. We got back from playing ball about midnight and no one was available. We had to wash all uniforms and clothes in sinks and bath tubs (13 Families and kids). We got to bed around 2:00 or 2:30. Got up at 6:00 to dry clothes and got fussed at for trying to use dryer. Ms. Chance never let anyone know. Had to leave back to the ballpark. When we arrived back still no working laundry. Ms. Chance said it was our fault for getting in too late and we need to take responsibility. Finally after pleading with her over the phone because again she was never around she agreed to let us use their facility. Someone showed up 4 hours later and let us in the laundry area. We finished about 2:30am that morning. Oh almost forgot that morning one of our parents was showering and the shower head came off and nailed him in the head. Swear to God you can't dream this stuff up. Ms. Chance said that never happened but Maintenance was called out and repaired it. So it did happen. We tried to meet with her to discuss the problems we were having but she refused. She never came out not one time during any of our problems. She refused to tell us who her employer was, who owned the hotel or give us a phone number to complain to someone other than her. She talked down to us, acted in a very unprofesional manner and was possibily the rudest person in management I've ever encountered. I've worked in the construction industry for the past 22 years, in 16 states and have stayed in hundreds of hotels and this was hands down the worst! My advice is to keep driving to another town or sleep in your vehicle if you are too tired to drive!

• Stayed July 2009
Lake Charles, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

This hotel is very old and needs updating desprately. I am not exactly used the 5 star hotels are anything but this was bad even on my level. The wallpaper had been painted over at some point, but now the wallpaper is coming off of the wall. The door to the bathroom looked like it had seen much better days. The TV caught maybe a dozen channels. They even had the nerve to charge me for bringing my little dog. I wouldn't mind if it were a nice hotel, but c'mon. Supposedly they shampoo the carpets afterwards. They have two pools, unfortunately no one bothered to get the leaves out of them. The positive points were the proximatey to Hodges Gardens, which was absolutely beautiful, and they have a restaurant on site with decent food. If you go into it knowing that it's very old the shock isn't so bad. The way they describe on the website, however, definately sets you up for and awful big fall. There's a reason there are no pictures of the rooms online.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

I was "grateful" to get a place to stay for hurricane Ivan in '04, since I could not find any place else. BUT, just now reading reviews from '08 I can see the spider population has not been wiped out. But as I was so desperate and grateful to have a safe place I had to overlook the lack of cleanliness. I was very careful not to step on the carpet barefooted and brought my own sheet and cover to put on top of theirs. At that time they had said the new owners were upgrading but judging from the reviews above I can see that is simply not true. The spider population must really have increased! SPIDERS RULE!

• Liked — having a bed
  • Stayed August 2004
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

This resort just isn't clean. The golf course is pretty, but I don't know much about golf courses. However, I was expecting a clean condo. It smelled stale (and had an odor of old smoke) and had spiders and other bugs on the furniture. I believe the carpet had been cleaned, but the sofa and chairs were pitifully dirty... so dirty that our 10 and 11-year-old sons wouldn't sit on them. The walls were badly stained and scarred. At first, the kitchen didn't look dirty, but someone had left old food in the refrigerator.

A local highway road crew had set up camp in the condos, and they partied all night... loud enough to disturb our boys, who can sleep through most anything.

I didn't see inside the regular hotel rooms, but the outside of those buildings looked worse than our condo.

The bar and grill had decent food, but it took forever to get it. The cook and waitress were busy making mixed drinks for the locals who kept coming and going (and visiting with the employees).

We were supposed to stay an entire week, but bailed out. When we asked how much we would owe for the first night if we checked out the next day, we were told $70, but were charged $180 instead. I think the employee just didn't know the rates, and misinformed us. It was worth the money just to get out of there.

• Liked — View of golf course.
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

We went here because my husband's family used to have their family reunions here in the 60's and 70's. I had seen pictures of the exterior on their website so I did not expect it to be updated much. Turns out I was correct. While our rooms (we personally booked three) had a pretty fresh coat of paint and everything was clean, when we first opened the doors it smelled like they had been closed up for several years. Everyone was very helpful and courteous, although the girl at the pro shop didn't know much about the golf course.
We ate several meals at Mulligan's and most in our group(15) were not disappointed. I would characterize the food as short order grill type--nothing fancy but definitely edible. Our food did take some time due to the fact that there was only one person cooking the food.
My husband's family (the ones that had been there before)were quite disappointed that the place had not been kept up very well over the years.
All in all, it was nice, but we would not stay again.

• Liked — Booking the reservation--they were very accomodating
  • Disliked — 20 miles from everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Emerald Hills Golf Resort? Share your experiences!