“Excellant Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa

You added Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Dhigufinolhu, Dhigufinolhu, South Male Atoll Male, Republic of Maldives, 2014   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay Longer up to 30%off!
“Excellant Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed for 5 Days at the Sunrise Beach Villa with our 2 girls aged 7 and 10 at The Anantara Dhigu Resort and received excellent service throughout our stay from the international staff.
After our snorkelling trip, the snorkelling equipment were provided for our use till the end of the stay. Victor who was our Snorkelling guide took extra care of my 7 year old as the mask keeps slipping off her face. He also took excellent pictures for us with the under water camera.
The table tennis table which was very frequently used could do a change though as it is pretty old and the bats were peeling off.
Food is excellent, especially the Italian/Grill Restaurant Terrazzo. We enjoyed out Thai Cooking Class at the Thai Restaurant Baan Huraa. Unfortunately, The Japanese Restaurant Origami was closed during our stay.
The King bed was enough for me and my girls to sleep and my husband slept on the side bed. We didn't even have to use the extra bed.
The Spa has very good mass
As we have taken a package which only included breakfast, so we incurred quite a lot of extra charges upon check out. Restaurant and bar prices are quite high. We paid an extra of US$3,700 upon check out which included a US$1,000.00 (Including Service Charge and Tax) Big Game Fishing trip by my husband which he caught nothing. We had better results with the Sunset Fishing and my daughter caught her first fish which was a red snapper.
Overall, it has been a very good experience thanks to the fabulous service of the staff. Resident Manager Mathew has done an excellent Job.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mfryar, Manager at Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear VivianTai,

Warm greetings from the Maldives.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us all. We are delighted to see that your family has enjoyed a diverse range of activities during your stay and received such excellent service from our team. We appreciate the feedback you have provided and rest assured we will be addressing these.

We look forward in welcoming you all back again to the Maldives in the near future!

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

One week honeymoon stop at Anantara Dhigu...we did not want to leave!!! Our overwater villa was the ultimate luxury...walk out to the balcony and down 10 steps and you're swimming in the clearest warmest ocean water you'll ever swim through! The staff are incredibly warm and the service was fantastic! Breakfasts were amazing with quite a variety of items...definitely try the orange, mint, pineapple juice that they make fresh...it is to die for!!! Only issue is variety of restaurant menu choices for lunch...somewhat limited and pricey...but food was delicious everywhere! The overwater spa is also not to be missed...have a couples massage...spa rooms are total zen...cellulox wrap is also phenomenal for the ladies!!! The perfect honeymoon spot!

Room Tip: If you choose to stay in an overwater suite, whether sunrise or sunset, ask for villa 100 or higher...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mfryar, Manager at Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear nessieviaggia,

Sunny greetings from the Maldives.

We are delighted you chose to spend such an important occasion with us and we are delighted your stay has been such a memorable one! Great to read our team has provided fantastic service and you have enjoyed the resorts offerings. Thank you for sharing your lunch experience with us and at present we are working on several new creative culinary experiences.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your wedding anniversary!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We just arrived home from staying at the Anantara Dhigu for 7-days. I am giving this resort four stars due to one hiccup in our stay, but I would still recommend this resort to any and all of my family and friends.

We chose to stay in the overwater-villa for our entire stay as we wanted privacy and also wanted to be away from the beach villas which tend to attract more families with children. What I loved about the overwater-villas was the direct access to the water, the huge size ofthe villas, and the amazing service we had while staying in the villa. We spent most of our time sunbathing and relaxing in our villa as the pool area, while beautiful, is swarming with children and some colorful hotel guests. We did enjoy a few lunches in the casual Aqua Bar but chose to leave and not stay in that area simply because no one seems to be able to control their children and the last thing I want on my vacation is screaming kids! I do think all resorts in the Maldives should have a no-children policy as I find it completely inappropriate to bring children to a place like that, but this is not the hotel's fault, it's the parents.

As far as the food, it is excellent. I can't fault them for anything. We ate at every one of the restaurants including the beautiful Thai restaurant and enjoyed all our meals. Of course it is expensive, but it is the Maldives, really what do people expect, a budget vacation?!? I especially enjoyed the always fresh seafood and the wonderful breakfast spreads. I also have to say how amazingly fast their room-service is, within 30 minutes our meals arrived every time we ordered which was fantastic! A note on their buffets, I found the buffets to be overpriced for what you got. We did their Wednesday night seafood buffet and we were pretty disappointed that we paid so much money for such a small spread of foods and such limited choices. Besides that, I thought all the food was perfect!

We also spent a lot of time at their beautiful overwater spa. All I can say is 'WOW!' they seriously know how to make you feel like royalty. The spa areas are gorgeous, romantic, and the treatments are super-posh. We had such a fantastic experience that we ended up booking another day of treatments on our final day at the resort. Of course it's expensive but again, it's the Maldives!

We also did several activities through their Aquafanatics. I have to say, our snorkeling excursion and guide were fantastic! I loved every second of the morning snorkel and have some amazing photos to show family and friends back home! The sunset fishing was a bit of a let-down as it's not proper fishing and no one really catches anything, if we had known, we wouldn't have signed up. Other than that, the staff and the activites are great and they offer a huge variety!

My one issue and why I downgraded this hotel review from a five-star rating to a four-star rating is our serious hiccup with the dining by design we had set up. We were celebrating my birthday and also an anniversary so we decided to book a dining by design which is where the hotel sets up a gorgeous dinner at your choice of venue with a personal butler/chef and amazing personalized menu. We had called our second morning to book this and we were told the person in charge of this would call us back. We actually never got a call back or a message so we tried again the next day where we were told again to wait for a call back. This time we did get a call back from a very flustered man who explained he was involved in setting up for someone's wedding so he quickly went over the details with me. I explained we wanted to be on their private island and he asked if he could once again call me back because he was busy and needed to take my menu details down later. Again, he called us back and took our menu details down and he sent us over a confirmation reciept with the details of our booking for Friday evening, we actually swicthed the dinner from Wednesday to Friday as we wanted to participate in their special dinner on Wednesday. Anyway, on the reciept it stated we were booked for a private dinner etc etc and we signed this confirming. Now, they have several options for where you can have dinner and I did specifically request the private island booking as we didn't simply want it to be set up on their regular beach as it's not private at all. The night of our dinner we walked down to reception and were told that our dinner was set up on their beach and not on the private island because 'we didn't book that one'. Of course, we were furious, we had just paid over $600USD++ for this dinner and it was set up on their public beach area with four children running around it and several people actually walking through the dining area! We requested the manager after several bad exchanges with the person we met at reception and the manager was very gracious and apologetic and immediately fixed the situation, gave us complimentary champagne, and switched the dinner to the location we had originally booked. What upset me was the person at reception telling me that I booked incorrectly. For one thing, I did not book incorrectly, there was obviously a miscommunication since it required so many back and forth phone calls to book, and I am the customer therefore, I am never wrong! In the end, our issue was solved and we ended up having an absolutely beautiful dinner on the private island.

I would like to give a shoutout to both Lilly and Saleem who went above and beyond in their service to us. They made us feel like very special guests and took a lot of interest in assisting us during our stay.

Overall this hotel was fantastic with some minor issues but nothing that wasn't fixed. I have stayed at the Anantara before and loved the service and the accomdations so I would book one of their hotels again as we travel often in Asia. If we do go back to the Maldives I would probably look into booking a hotel that is adults-only as it was very bothersome to us to have children around on this vacation.

Room Tip: Only book overwater suites, they are absolutely stunning!
Dear Joanna N,

Thank you for sharing with us the review of your recent stay.

We appreciate the comprehensive detail you have provided and our team here has benefited immensely our aim is to ensure continuous development of the resort and ourselves which your review highlights.

We look forward in welcoming you back to the Maldives or indeed one of our sister properties in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

By far the best service from the hotel staff. They are very helpful and pleasant. The hotel itself is amaze balls!! We stayed on a over-water suite and they were just excellent. They even take care of little things like 'sunscreen bar' for free by the swimming pool (just incase you forgot or ran out of the ones you have), Handbags for ladies so you don't ruin yours while you go in the beach, free kayak and snorkel for the guests for 2 hours/day etc etc...... Very Impressed!!!

Dear Sitashma,

Sunny greetings from the Maldives!

We are delighted to see that you have been impressed by our resort and associates during your stay and have enjoyed all the 'small touches' around the resort.

We look forward in welcoming you back to in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Anantara Dhigu is one of the best resorts I have ever stayed at. Staff are very attentive. They address the guests by their name, even while I was taking a stroll by the beach or dining at any of the restaurants. The room attendant who was assigned to clean my villa specially folded the towels and napkins in sculptures of rabbit, monkey, every day which was very creatively done.
The service is so individualised and refreshing. Credit goes as well to the Maintenance personnel whom I bumped into, whilst looking for ice cubes. He immediately took the ice bucket from my hands, and said “don’t worry, he will fill the ice bucket and send it to my room”. From the top management to the service staff, they really know how to make you feel special, as if you are the only guest staying in the resort. Everything was perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mfryar, Manager at Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear patrickfiat21,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us.

We are delighted that our team has left such an indelible impression on you through their daily efforts and be assured we have shared your comments with the entire team here!

We look forward in welcoming you back in the very near future and thank you for staying with us on such a special occasion.

Warmest regards
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This resort is truly exceptional. While it is a bit expensive it was definitely worth the splurge for our honeymoon. The service is truly exceptional and everyone from the waitstaff, front desk and dive center knew service. Anytime we needed or wanted anything it was done with a smile. I've traveled a lot and stayed at my share of beautiful places and this one takes the cake.

• Stayed June 2013
Mfryar, Manager at Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear jojonyc72,

Warm greetings from the Maldives!

We are delighted to see that our team has made your stay truly memorable and we all look forward in welcoming you back to the Maldives in the not too distant future.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Incredible place, Incredible views, Incredible service absolutely amazing place and an incredible paradise to spend with your family or simply your loved one. Truly happy we went for a week and wish we planned for 2... as it is paradise on earth

Room Tip: Always sunset view villas if you are with family or over water if it's just you and your loved o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear travelww40,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us!

We are delighted to see that your stay has been a truly incredible one and we look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Resident Manager

Been to Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!