Me and my wife just returned from short break from Anantara Dhigu. We had experienced a vacation that we'll never forget. Start from arrival in Male city, we can easily spotted Anantara reception office right after coming out from arrival gate. Their reception office is cool and beautifully decorated. We been served with cold juice and nice sofa to relax while waiting for our speedboat to be ready. Here we already experience the warm service from Anantara staffs. They are attentive and nice. Our speedboat is once of the luxury/newer type. We been given cold towels and cold drinks to start our boat journey.
Once we arrive in their resort, we couldn't believe what we saw; beautiful turquoise waters, beautiful long shallow water, beautiful resorts and a breathtaking view. Our arrival is welcomed by a drum beat and their residence manager, Matthew. He welcomed us with warm greetings and so are their staffs. Our check in is a breeze and we straight away transferred to our water villa.
Once we step onto their water villa area, we still in awe. The seawater, water villa and sea view is breathtaking. We couldn't believe our eyes that this place is so beautiful. We been escorted into our water villa, again still in awe of their decor and atmosphere/feeling of the water villa. Once their staff opens the balcony, our jaw dropped. Wooden deck, with table and pool chair and the highlight: stairs straight to the lagoon. Oh my god the water just so clear! Their bathroom is beautifully decorated with large bath tub with window of the lagoon. I think April is the best time to visit Maldives as it is the hottest month and sun is clearly visible that made the seawater so beautiful.
Food is above average, with most menu cater to western dishes. We would like to see more local, Maldivian food.
And yes it's expensive. Food, excursion and spa is expensive. But we already expect this before deciding on coming. I guess everywhere in Maldives is expensive so this normal. 2 plus thing is you don't have to pay for SeaPlane transfers as the island is just 30mins from Male and accessible via speedboat. You able to be transferred to the resort even you arrive late night.
We checked out with part of us left there in the island and resort. We been to number of luxury resort in Asia, but Maldives and Anantara Dhigu is one of a kind. A truly memorable vacation. A Heaven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic tropical island paradise set in the South Male Atoll, just half an hour from Male international Airport, Anantara offers the Maldives resort experience you've only dreamt about, with two lush islands, Dhigufinolhu and Veligandu Huraa. Unwind on endless white sand beaches, palm-fringed islands and pristine coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Minor Hotel Group Limited, Agoda, Orbitz, Splendia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Dhigu Resort And Spa
- Anantara Dhigu Hotel South Male Atoll
- Anantara Resort Maldives
- Anantara Maldives
- Anantara Hotel Maldives