It was our first trip to Maldives as we wanted to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. We were recommended Dhigu over Veli by our tour agent and we can't thank her enough. Dhigu looks more "poshed" than Veli which looks a little run down and tired. We stayed for 4 nights and didn't want to go home.
We stayed at the Sunset Water villa and it was an amazing experience waking up to the clear blue sky and sea... having rays and sharks swimming past our villa. Awesome!
We also went diving and had an amazing dive instructor Ella who was every so patient with us, cos we have not dived for 15 years.
We also did the sunset fishing, though disappointed that the rest on the boat caught fish but we didn't... nevertheless, it was an amazing experience fishing in the dark.
We did a half board but food was not spectacular. Potato chips were US$7 a tin and coke at US$5. I certainly would buy my own stash and bring in next time.
We did a couple spa too and it was so nice to receive a massage while looking through the hole and see the nemos and fish swimming around.
On the whole, the service staff were polite and detailed. I can't count the number of times they came to our room to make it up or top up our water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic tropical island paradise set in the South Male Atoll, just half an hour from Male international Airport, Anantara offers the Maldives resort experience you've only dreamt about, with two lush islands, Dhigufinolhu and Veligandu Huraa. Unwind on endless white sand beaches, palm-fringed islands and pristine coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Minor Hotel Group Limited, Splendia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Dhigu Resort And Spa
- Anantara Dhigu Hotel South Male Atoll
- Anantara Resort Maldives
- Anantara Maldives
- Anantara Hotel Maldives