“I shed a tear when we left!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Dhigufinolhu, South Male Atoll,, Male, Republic of Maldives, 2014   |
Perth, Australia
“I shed a tear when we left!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

As seasoned backpackers and travellers, my husband and I had never taken a holiday where we could just relax and be taken care of. This was our long-awaited honeymoon. We were reticent as 10 days on a small island with a 15 month old boy seemed like a big risk. How wrong we were! Anantara Dhigu was amazing!

We stayed in a sunrise villa (24). If you have children, I actually think this is the best option as the beach in the afternoon is great and has a little shade. In the mornings, we just spent time at the pool on the sunset side. The villa was perfect and the outdoor bathroom was a huge hit with our son who loved playing in the sandy garden that surrounded the bath (we all fit in!). Our villa was always immaculate, thanks to (Ali) Shareef who was so efficient and also amazing with our son.
The food was unbelievable. If you can afford it, I would definitely recommend the 'Dine Around' option. We could eat at any of the restaurants (Thai, Japanese fusion, 2 bars, Italian, Seafood/Steak grill and the buffet option) and anything, apart from drinks, were included. All we had to do was choose where we wanted to eat. My husband took advantage of the amazing lobster on offer most nights. We were also worried about eating out every day with a little one, but the staff were unbelievable. They showered attention on him and ensured that he was always comfortable, entertained, happy. Ammu, Riza, Imad, Dhin, Shameem, among other staff were just outstanding in the restaurants.
The breakfast buffet was great. A highlight was the honeycomb that dripped fresh honey from it every morning - oh, and the amazing waffles!
The snorkelling was excellent and it is definitely worth going out to the islands around the lagoon. Travelling to Veli was so easy on the pontoon, and there was even a nice little wave off this island! Even though we didn't put our son into the children's programme, we were still able to take him to the little playground in the middle of the island. He loved this. My husband also used the small but well-equipped gym every day. Oh, and the fresh coconuts from the Beach Guru - amazing!
We didn't really do any trips except the dolphin cruise which was a nice 2 hour trip around the surrounding islands. We also didn't take advantage of the amazing over-water spa, as we were just wanting to spend a relaxing time as a family. The spa looked stunning, and when we come back (which we will definitely do), I would definitely book a couple of treatments.
Thank you to all the staff at Anantara for making this such an amazing holiday for us. We will be back!!

Room Tip: Sunrise villas are great for families. The beach area around Villa 24 is great in the afternoon for...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had an exceptional time at the stunning Anantara Dhigu. We were even fortunate enough to move to their private island: Naladu. Carla, the manager on Naladu, anticipated our every need. She is extremely competent at her job, her genuine welcoming nature made us feel immediately at home. The scenery is indescribable, the shades of turquoise in the water changed daily and grew more and more inviting. That, as well as the sensuous white sand was even more beautiful than the photos. We appreciated the GM:Jeffrey, taking time out of his busy schedule to personally greet us as well as Matthew, the manager of their 3rd island surrounding the lagoon, Veli. Having 3 separate islands to visit as part of anantara's "cluster" provided a lot more dining choices and different vantage points for sunset photos, snorkeling etc..you should definitely visit all 3. It was truly the trip of a lifetime. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2012
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a week in the Maldives staying at the Anantara Dhigu Resort. Fabulous resort... beautiful beaches, lovely large infinity swimming pool on the beach. Beautiful bedrooms with huge bathrooms,personal loungers on the beach and on your own decking or porch. Excellent restaurants on both this island and also the sister island a 2 minute ferry ride away. excellent diving and snorkelling...Fantastic spa with over water treatment rooms...Lovely kind,helpful staff...beautiful scenery and restful quiet resort. all in all, HEAVEN! Really,you cannot possibly not have the best time ever here! Loved every second of our time there.only one regret...That we didn't stay longer! Ah well...there's always next year!!!!

Room Tip: rooms on the sunset side of the beach are nearer the pool and are located by the lagoon side of the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I have nothing but great things to say about Anantara Dhigu; from the beautiful beaches and amazing scuba diving to friendly staff and delicious food. Anantara exceeded my expectations of the Maldives!! Three recommendations: Thai cooking class, wine tasting and dine by design. The infinite pool overlooking the mid-reef hammock is pretty cool too!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We have stayed at Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa last november and its a fabulous resort to stay while in Maldives! The water is the perfect turqoise (unlike other islands in Maldives) and they have about 7 restaurants where you can dine.
The rooms are spacious and very intimate and they have a great watersports&diving centre.
I will be going back this November and I am very happy with this property .

Room Tip: The sunset suites are the best ( as opose to the sunrise ones) since you get the sun all afternoon...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

First of all, I would start with its distinguish advantages.
1) It's close to Male International Airport. So that you are not required to take a seaplane round trip from/to the airport which is very pricey. (However, if you would like to experience flying with a seaplane, I strongly encourage you to do so. It's just amazing.)
2) The beach bungalow is just perfect with the beachfront area. There was a sense of privacy featuring with the stunning beach and island.
3) The staff there were adorable. I could feel that they just love what they are doing.
4) I love the hammock in the sea! That's awesome gimmick there!

While the con was the Italian restaurant, the food there was just only ok. For good meals, I had to take a shuttle boat to another island for the Japanese and Thai food restaurants. The islands there are connected with a short ride by the shuttle boat. But in my holiday I was so lazy.

Overall, I really had a great time there. I love the beach, island, beach bungalow, other connected islands and the service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey S, General Manager at Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear "Couldnt Ask for More"

Thank you so much for your note, my name is Jeffrey Seward and Iam the Cluster General Manager for the Anantara Maldives. Thank you for your kind words they will certainly be shared with our team at our Open Island General Session next month celebrating our teams high performance...also thank you for your comment regarding Terrazo, so we may continously improve, I will share your note with the Culinary team. May I offer my personal assistance in the future if your travels ever bring you again to the Indian Ocean and or any Anantara Hotel, Resort or Spa.

Look forward to hopefully hearing from you in the future,

Best Regards,

Jeffrey

jseward@anantara.com
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

It's our first trip to Maldives and we are definitely impressed by Anantara Dhigu. It's such a beautiful place, more than words can describe. GM team is so welcoming and really cares about your comfort. Whatever you need, simply dial 0, it gets done really quickly. Simply first class service. The scenery, the food, the sunset, the color, Heaven on earth!

Room Tip: Basically every room serves the same great quality.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Anantara Dhigu Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!