“Better than adequate hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
HappyHour & SAT. NITE BBQ
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Arnos Vale
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Better than adequate hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2006

I visited St. Vincent for the first time in February 2006. I was on a business conference and did not know what to expect. I was pleasantly suprised with the hotel, service and location. First I must say that the local people are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is small, so a personal touch was noticed and appreciated.
I was happy with the room although the airconditioner was loud, it worked well. The food was very good although I could not get plantains after the first night. The bar served really good planters punches.
The location is not far from the airport and it sits on the beach. A stone's throw away is Young Island and it is worth a visit for a meal.
In summary, this hotel is a fine value and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

Hate to be the naysayer after the earlier very good review but we had a very different experience at Sunset Shores. We were only there for one night on our way home from Bequia so perhaps a longer stay might have led to more positive feelings.

First impression, we arrived and they had no record of our reservation. When I reserved I requested a confirmation but was told they didn't do confirmations but not to worry everything would be fine. And we didn't think the front desk staff handled the issue very well---sort of made us feel like it was our fault.

We were given a room on the first level overlooking the pool. Room was adequate but hardly 4-5 stars. Furniture sort of worn, no refrigerator, bathroom pretty basic. But all very clean. When we were taken to the room we gave the woman who helped with our luggage a tip. Later we read that a 10%service charge is added to the bill. When we have encountered this in other places staff have declined the offer of a tip at least for very routine service. Grounds were very nice and the sunset was lovely.

We had to leave about 6:45 AM to catch a flight and breakfast doesn't begin til 7Am. We asked at the front desk the night before whether we might be able to get coffee and a roll at 6:45 and were told we would have to find the kitchen staff and ask them----seems to me like the front desk staff could have contacted the kitchen staff rather than send us in search of them.

We had a recommendation for the French Verandah for dinner so did not eat at the hotel----but the French Verandah was superb!!! And they have rooms to I think we would check them out next time.

• Stayed February 2006
Port St. Lucie Florida USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2006

I stayed at Sunset Shores for ten days in early March 2005. I found the accommodations and overall service to be of 5-Star quality. The food was prepared by a well trained staff and the management made every attempt to make my stay memorable.I have no reservation about recommending this establishment to anyone that wants to be treated right at a reasonable price. Alex Laing,Port St. Lucie Florida

Stayed March 2005

Been to Sunset Shores Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sunset Shores Beach Hotel

Address: Villa Beach, Arnos Vale, St. Vincent
Location: Caribbean > St. Vincent and the Grenadines > St. Vincent > Arnos Vale
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Arnos Vale
Hotel Class:3 star — Sunset Shores Beach Hotel 3*
Sunset Shores Hotel was established on December 21st 1973. This family owned, boutique hotel is nestled on three acres of lush, tropical, gardens. The exquisitely decorated rooms are arranged in a "U" around a courtyard pool and bar. Each room has air-conditioning, cable television, direct-dial telephone, free wireless high speed Internet access, in-room safe, coffee-tea making facilities, iron/board, private bath/shower and private patio or balcony. Known for our "Island Hospitality", Sunset Shores is your home away from home serving you from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm. We ensure your total comfort, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in our restaurant, or, on the pool terrace overlooking the glistening turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. Sunset Shores caters to romantic weddings & receptions, cocktail parties & special events, business meetings & conferences. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunset Shores Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Sunset Shores Beach Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.