“I'm picky & hard to please.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   505 E 1st St, DeRidder, LA 70634 (Formerly Stagecoach Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 DeRidder B&B and Inns
Anchorage, Alaska
“I'm picky & hard to please.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed here 7 years ago for business & it was dark & dated back then. I'm back & I'm impressed!
I love the 40 inch flat panel TV with lots of cable channels to chose from. There is a mini fridge w/microwave. This is a non-smoking room, has no smell & the AC works great. I also love a bathroom that has one switch for the lights & another separate switch for the fan. This place is dated but I'm enjoying my stay here & would recommend it.

Room Tip: I try to always stay on the top floor to avoid hearing the people/kids above me walking & runnin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
DeRidder, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I previewed three rooms prior to staying and honestly could not stay in the room more than a few seconds. The smell of the rooms were overwhelming. I'm not sure if they were trying to cover up cigarette smell or what, but the cleaning agent used was absolutely bombarding. Try a different hotel if at all possible. Everything else about the rooms seemed fine.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Wills Point, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We have stayed here twice in the past and are booked again this July. Good discount for Seniors. They have improved in service and friendliness. Rooms are good, pool is really clean and sparkly and tucked into a little corner. Have only had one problem and that was with the door lock this past May. Nice little Cantina across the street if you like Margaritas!! I would definately keep staying here as it's only five minutes from where the grandkids live and maybe 20 minutes or so to Ft Polk. No need to pay twice the cost just to go somewhere else and get the same type room.

Room Tip: Staying on the 2nd floor is quieter
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We stayed at the Stagecoach for years for a high school event in Deridder. After the new management bought out the sweet old couple that used to own it, the front desk/management barely spoke English, was rude, unaccommodating, and the breakfast went from great to crap.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

I stayed here while on a business trip to Fort Polk. Not my first choice but the price was right. King bed was excellent, room was comfortable. The high speed internet wi-fi worked very well and was a big help when sending in daily reports. My complaint was the free breakfast. Weak coffee, sugary cereal and sweet rolls, and pigs-in-a-blanket.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
dayton texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

We have stayed at this motel 4 or 5 times in the past. We have family that live in the area, so for family functions, we have stayed here. This last time we stayed the room smelled horrible, the bed must have been 30 years old it was so uncomfortable and we had lights out in the room and could not get light bulbs from the front desk. Upon check in we notified the front desk that we are members of AARP for our discount. They did not
give us the discount and refused to correct the bill upon check out. There are several other motels / hotels in the area, go to any one of them except this one.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
killeen, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

The positive reviews are obviously from the owners. This place isn't gross but it's not good either. The only reason that I stayed here is because it was for business and it fell under the per diem rate. When I told the woman at the front desk about the water not going down in my shower, I got a dirty look. There's no good morning or how was your stay or what can we do to make your stay better at this place. The owners don't care about their customers and that is obvious. I stayed here for a week and wasn't greeted even once. Also, a continental breakfast does not consist of 2 types of cereal and stale bagels.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!