“Average for the price.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   146 Rushing Road, Denham Springs, LA 70726 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Denham Springs Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Denham Springs
Houston, TX
“Average for the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Booked 3 weeks in advance and requested a down stairs room, figured that far in advance that it would not be a problem - wrong - upstairs. Called the evening before for early check in and was told that 11am would be OK - again, wrong. Mgr finally let me have room at noon. Room was average for an older hotel. Nothing special - just a room.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
bestwesterndenhamspr, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review the following action was taken:

• Management received additional training in booking our valued guests and trying to give them rooms on the floors requested. They were also trained on calculating a realistic check in so that our valued guests could be accommodated upon arrival.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Denham Springs. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago,IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

We tried out 2 rooms due to odors and poor housekeeping. Renovations were poorly done. Molding looking granite, bad caulking. Odd film on all surfaces,like they had been washed with a dirty cloth. Food wrappers on the floor.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Travelers are raving about these Denham Springs hotels

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

After reading the former reviews, I will admit I was somewhat skeptical that I would find a clean, comfortable room. I was expecially concerned about the smoking room dumped on the last reviewer as this has happened to me a couple of times in different areas of the country.
We found a motel that HAD recently been updated. Remember, it is an older building so renovations can only go so far, but what we found was acceptable. The place looks like it has been recently painted. Lobby and breakfast area looked modern and clean. Our room had new carpet, the a/c uint looked like it had been rebuild and worked very well, walls were freshly "textured" and painted. The bathroom had been updated with solid surface Silestone surround around the tub, running to ceiling. Looked like new floor tile. This room could have used some calking and there was evidence of dirt swept into a corner. No big deal to me as I didn't expect it to be the Weston. The plumbing fixtures were new or had new trim kits, except they must have run out of new shower heads as ours was the original and covered with paint. Makes one wonder about the Plumbing Contractor. The microwave and ref. were clean and worked fine. Beds clean and comfortable. TV was fine with many channels and HBO.
Hear is the new part: There is a brand new Chili's directly across the street. It's so close, you could use your laptop and connect to the hotel wireless router (with the code). You get the idea. Park and walk.
My wife had to wait in the lobby while I attended to business and found the staff very friendly.
The motel is convieniently located close to interstate 12. Only issue with this is the noise from the highway, but I am being picky.
This place is fine.

• Liked — Location and price
  • Disliked — Noise from highway
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HotelGUYFU, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thank You for your comments, we have a GREAT TEAM at the hotel. We are located with many options for dining and take pride in our hotel, We will be waiting for you when visiting the area in the future!
Knoxville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

When we made our reservations, we were told that the hotel had been renovated "not too long ago" . If so, they must've missed the room we were in. The carpet was stained and dirty; the caulking in the bathroom needed repair/replacement. There were only two choices for A/C - either freezing or stuffy - no in-between comfort level.
Lightbulbs were dim so it was difficult to get any work done. Wireless internet was available, but with our laptop battery somewhat low, there was a problem, since there was no electrical outlet anywhere close to the table/chair.
Housekeeping could've been better, too, since the bathroom floor was quite sticky.
The location, just off the Interstate, was the most redeeming feature - so that we could get out of there quickly and be on our way to better places!!

• Stayed May 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Housekeeping received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Maintenance was instructed to make sure that the A/C in the room assigned to you is put in proper working order.

3) Management was approached about the possibility of having brighter light bulbs in what would be viewed as the working area.

New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2006

The staff was very rdue. Our group was discriminated against because we were a group of families with children on a softball team. A list of Rules were imposed without profication. There was construction/remodeling going on in the room adjacent to mine until 9:00 p.m. when I finally went next door and complained to the worker. My room was on the bottom floor and I heard the creaking of footsteps in the room above until at least midnight. The continental breakfast area had only two tables and was not kept clean. There were fruit flies all over, including on the muffins. The staff was extremely rude and non accomodating. This was not a family friendly property at all.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Breakfast staff received additional training on keeping the breakfast foods clean and providing proper space.

3) Maintenance staff received additional training on being thoughtful of our valued guests when making repairs etc. and maintaining a proper noise level.

4) Staff members received additional training regarding the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Denham Springs. I think you will be greatly pleased.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

We had travelled all day to stop in Denham Springs on our way to Florida. We had reserved in advance three non smoking rooms. Why? I am an asthmatic and I cannot tolerate cigarette smoke. In other words, when I asked for non-smoking there was a reason why!! Well we checked in about midnight, and proceeded to our non-smoking rooms.

When I entered our room, we were overcome by the stench of cigarette smoke: Strong cigarette smoke in a non smoking room on a non-smoking floor--which was the same problem in another room that our group was staying in. I had to take five hits of my asthma medicine just so I could breathe. Well I approached the desk clerk about the problem in our rooms and she said that there was not anything she could do. Also, she stated that there was no other rooms in Denham Springs available, and I could talk to the manager in the morning. But later that night I had to call 911 and get taken to the nearest hospital because of my asthma.

Secondly, the continental breakfast was terrible: The food was not fresh; it was of poor quality; and did not taste that great.

Therefore, I do not reccomend this motel. While it cost us almost $300, it was an expensive lesson. I have stayed in many hotels in my years of travelling as an evangelist and this was the worst experience of my life.

• Stayed June 2006
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Denham Springs for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry that you had such a bout with your asthma.

1) Registration staff received additional instruction in properly registering guests so that they would be assigned to the kind of room they needed, smoking or non smoking.

2) The breakfast staff received additional training in putting on a proper breakfast.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Denham Springs / Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!