“Really nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Covington
“Really nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I were coming from Baton Rouge visiting Bogalusa for a cookout. After searching available hotel options in Bogalusa there wasn't any that I would let me family stay in (sad)!!!! So we decided to stay in Covington at the Courtyard,great choice my kids loved the hotel .. The amenities were on point,location was great near restaurants and Interstate 12!!!! We will visit again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Westerville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We arrived after driving for 13 hours and got to our room through the beat up hallways and dirty carpets to our room. The room is vert poor for Marriott standards and can bet they wont be a Marriott for much longer unless they sink some money into this place. Mold and hair in bathroom, dirty stained carpet lumpy bed. If I wasnt to tired I would have left.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Darrius G, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Covington/Mandeville, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience in our hotel. I deeply regret you encountered such undersirable conditons during your stay. I can certainly understand how frustrating this must have been for you and your guests.

I wish I had an opportunity to speak with you about your experience before you departed. I am certain we could have arrived at an amiable solution to address the problems you encountered. There is simply no excuse for not maintaining clean accommodatations in our hallways and guestrooms. Rest assured, your comments will shared with our housekeeping team.

You will be pleased to know that we will begin extensive renovations to our guest rooms and lobby area this year. The renovation will include a complete makeover of our lobby area and implementing the Courtyard Bistro concept. Our guest rooms will receive all new casegoods and corridors and meeting rooms will also undergo renovation. We are exciting with the impact these changes will have on guest visits.

I hope you will reconsider us when you future travel plans include the Covington area. Please give me a call so that I may personally arrange your return visit.

Warmest regards,
Darrius Gray, CHA
Gulf Shores, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was in Covington for business at Northpark and the Courtyard was my hotel for the evening. It was relaxing and I slept well. It is convenient for any business in the Northpark complex. The room was clean as were the hotel grounds. The bathroom was adequate and there was plenty of space. All in all I enjoyed the stay. I didn't use any of the hotel amenities but wish I had brought clothes for the sauna and pool. I would definitely stay here again. There are several restaurants in walking distance and the ponds in front all had ducks and geese with babies and they were nice to watch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Darrius G, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Covington/Mandeville, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in the Covington area. I wanted to let you know that we recently completed a 2 million dollar renovation at the hotel. The renovation included a full renovation of our lobby and added a new Courtyard Bistro Restaurant. We now offer a variety of food selections for breakfast, dinner and full bar and lounge in the evenings.

I hope you will give us another chance to serve you on your next visit to Covington.

Thank you and happy holidays to you and your family!

Regards,
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived about 2:30 pm and was told the only room ready was on the first floor. I had requested a high floor. The guest service agent looked again and found a room in the other building. Room was nice and comfortable. The pool and jacuzzi was nice. The amenities were also nice in the room. We all slept well and were ready for our cruise the next day!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Misand,
Thank you for selecting our hotel while traveling to the Covington area. I was pleased to read that your stay was comfortable and our staff made accommodations for your requests.

In the event you plan on future travel to our area please know that we have recently completed a 2 million dollar renovation to our lobby and 52 guest rooms. Our lobby renovation include the new Courtyard Bistro. The Bistro provides a variety of delectable meals for breakfast and dinner. We also offer a relaxing lounge in the evenings for our guests enjoyment.

Please visit our website to see all the recent changes we have made to improve the guest experience.

We look forward to your next visit to the Courtyard by Marriott in Covington, Louisiana.

Happy Holidays,
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

After driving 11 hours from Orlando on our way to Dallas I had made reservations to stay here and spend the night to rest a little. We got there at around 9:30pm and the staff at the front desk was very nice. Good thing we had reservations as I was told that they were at 100% capacity on that day. They treated really nice. My only suggestion will be the parking lot. So many people were parked taking two spot that i had to park at the building next to the hotel as there were no parking spaces available. Parking fell small for that hotel. The rooms were really big and the beds comfortable. As usual they had accommodated my requests in my travel profile to have Feather pillows. We were on the first floor and the noise of the lobby did not bother us at all. Having travel so much I think this property was a best western before as the rooms did not had the typical courtyard layout. My family loved the room and the lobby. I think they could dust a little bit more but nothing that would really affect negatively my opinion. I requested late checkout as I was not feeling well and they gladly accommodated my request. Normal check out is at noon. The nice thing is that Kids could eat at the breakfast buffet for only $3.95. We did not use the buffet as we all woke up at 11am. I would recommend this property to all my friends and coworkers. I will stay here again if Im in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Texas from Florida. I was impressed with the service and the way they treated us. Rooms were super huge and neat. Bathroom was awsome and beautifully decorated. They offer different breakfast prices that ranged from $8 to $10 for adults and $4 for kids. The pool area was nice and calm. Lobby was cozy and private. It was a great place to stay. Another great thing was having so many stores, shops and restaurants near by. We will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Vimari R,
Thank you for sharing your hotel experience with me. I shared your comments with our entire team. We are always delighted to know that our guests enjoyed their stay and found the hotel services to their satisfaction.

We value your business and opinion of the hotel. I wanted to share some good news with you. We recently completed a 2 million dollar renovation. The areas you enjoyed on your last visit have been improved upon even further. Our renovation included a new swimming pool, fitness facility, lobby and the new Courtyard Bistro, featuring Starbuck coffee. We also completed a full renovation to 52 guest rooms. We are certain you and your family will enjoy the new product enhancements.

Thank you again for your business. We look forward to your return visit.

Regards,
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Not up to what I think the standards should be for a Courtyard by Marriott. Grounds were not very maintained. Very small parking spots. Room was neat and clean. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Wi-Fi worked ok, not really fast.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Darrius G, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Covington/Mandeville, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for selecting our hotel during your recent visit to the Covington area. I truly value your business and opinion of our hotel. Our Associates make a concerted effort to ensure our guest are provided with the best possilbe service to encourage return visits.

I wanted to let you know that the hotel will be undergoing an extensive renovation in September of this year. Our guest rooms, parking lot and hotel lobby will be completely renovated. I am confident you will appreciate all the future changes we are planning.

I will make sure your comments are shared with our leadership team and appropriate action is taken to address your concerns.

Again, thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share your experience. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Darrius L. Gray, CHA

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Covington/Mandeville? Share your experiences!