“Total surprise, in a really good way” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-12
Tucson, Arizona
“Total surprise, in a really good way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at Copelands in NOLA and Pensacola and always thought the food was pretty tasty. The Copelands here in Covington is right across the street from the hotel we are staying in, so despite the negative reviews about the service and very little said about the food, we went anyway. What a great surprise, the manager, hostess and server were all friendly, we were seated quickly, and the waiter was quick with our order. We did have a service issue, the waiter asked if my husband wanted his soup first, he said to bring it with my salad, and he didn't. We asked when our first plates started coming out and he said it would be out shortly. He didn't explain that they had to make it since they were out until much later. Now on to the food. It was phenomenal. We had several tasting plates and each one was delicious. We had pecan crusted catfish, crab stuffed ravioli, a chopped salad, a corn and crab bisque (finally) and eggplant and oyster with an excellent remoulade. Yes we had dessert too, the white chocolate bread pudding. This was the best meal we have eaten in a long, long time. The favors all married well, the small plates made it easier to eat the rich sauces. Fantastic, the New Years diet will have to start tomorrow.

73% Recommend
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Good steaks, great chopped salad, nice offering of New Orleans specialty dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I love their chopped salad, my husband likes their steaks, and they have a nice selection of traditional New Orleans dishes. Blackened fish is excellent with red hot potatoes and vegetables toot toot (with a kick) I guess the only thing I don't like is the atmosphere - dark and dreary. However, they have been remodeling in Nov/Dec 2012 so maybe the decor will be changed.

Visited September 2012
florida
“awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My food was burnt to a crisp. My husbands tuna steak was raw. Mother in law got a salad without dressing, and did not get her dressing until we were ready to leave, spoke to manager (after waiting a half hour) and he gave the impression he could care less. We took her here for mothers day, never again.

Visited May 2012
Covington, Louisiana, United States
“Tops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Everything was tops about this restaurant. The service was good and the food was excellent.
I love Seafood and they do such a good job at Copeland's. The parking lot is always filled with cars!

Visited May 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Though it originated in New Orleans, it is still a chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

In New Orleans we generally shun chains, but this one is well above average. I've eaten at probably about 6 Copeland's for a total of well over 20 times. Service has always been excellent except for once at the Westbank location, when it was terrible. Food is served in large portions and you get your money's worth in my opinion. Excellent menu selections.