“Perfect ending....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hot Water Beach Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hot Water Beach
Hot Water Beach Bed & Breakfast
48 Pye Place, Hot Water Beach 3591, New Zealand   |
“Perfect ending....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2004

My wife and I spent our final two days of our honeymoon in the company of Gail and Trevor at their excellent (and very clean) B & B at Hot Water Beach. Although this was back in 2001, it was the perfect ending to our trip to New Zealand. Gail and Trevor (& Ralph) made us feel like part of the family. Many thanks to both of them for giving us such wonderful memories of our time in NZ.

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2003

I have travelled to over 90 countries and have yet to find a more wonderful place to spend a few days. My wife and I planned on spending only a night at Hot Water Beach, but ended up staying for 4! The views are out of this world. The Beach only a stones-thrown from the house.
The sea lapping on the shore as you go to sleep. The breakfasts (all four mornings it was a different menu) were delightful and what added to it was sitting on the deck with the sun streaming down. Great place to go walking or MTB'ing from. The most well behaved and clean dog. We shared a couple of bottles of wine with the lovely hosts - the Knights.
You will not find a nicer, more relaxing place anywhere.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2003

Over the years we have stayed at many many B&B's and like to keep a check on the quality of our stays. The Hot Water Beach B&B was one of the finest. The location is second to none and the owners went that extra mile to be helpful and accomodating. We liked their dog very much and found him very well behaved. The cleanliness was without question, perfect. The breakfast was wonderfully prepared on the outdoor deck and Gail was willing to cater to my special diet. One night we didn't feel like going out for dinner and she prepared a special cheese and fruit plate. We rate this facility as one of the top 5 we have stayed in over 20 years of traveling by B&B.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2003

Sounds like a different place to where I stayed (but it had the same name!) so it just shows that you can't win them all.In my job I see lots of hotels, motels and B&Bs and this was one of the best I've been in. Lots of positive happy comments and rave reviews in the Visitors Book.Funnily enough, on my travels recently I shared lunch with some other travellers and we compared notes. They had stayed here too and commented how kind the hosts of the Hot Water B&B were - letting some visitors cook their freshly caught fish!Personally I'd rather stay in a real environment than something sterile, plastic and unfriendly.Andrea Sanderson

Stow, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2003

The location for the Hot Water Beach B&B is ideal. It overlooks the Hot Water Beach which has great surf, and hot springs that make warm water pools in the sand at low tide. Unlike other B&Bs they have a very large billiards table and a hot tub.

When we were there, their large dog had fleas and they were putting flea dip on its back, which rather smelled up the entire place. We also found several flies and spiders in our room and bathroom which rather creeped us out. Sand seemed to get everywhere including the bottom of the drinking glasses in the bathroom.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Hot Water Beach Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!