“The Best food we had on our trip.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 54 restaurants in Chalmette
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Diner, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Nashville
“The Best food we had on our trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Everything was excellent. We took several small orders to try many things on the menu and it was perfect.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Hardy, Arkansas, United States
“Good Food & Lots of it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had to make several trips back to this one. The Hamburger stead with brown gravy was decent but could have been better seasoned (for my tastes), but having grilled onions added made it very good. On another trip I had one grilled onions and changed to tomato sauce, instead of brown gravy. Great. The Po' Boys were, in an overused word, awesome. There's nothing like an Oyster or Shrimp Po' Boy, fries, and a Barq's Root Beer to make you feel like you've come home. I can't wait to go back and gain another twenty pounds.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
DEstin Fl
“Lots of quantity, not much quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I think one's opinion of R+C will totally depend on what you order. Many in our group made the mistake of having the hamburger "steak" because it looked so good--large burger covered with dark brown gray and lots of onions. Order that with their "famous" mac and cheese, what could go wrong? The "steak" is essentially tasteless and I bet analysis would show more bread in it than meat. The mac and cheese is nothing outstanding and in my opinion also lacking flavor.
The bright spot is their WOP salad (where did that name come from?)---this is an excellent fresh salad with delicious olives and anchovies that you have to ask for --either u like em or u don't.
We did order a muffelatta (sp?) to bring on our fishing trip with the olive mix on the side. This was absolutely delicious and huge!! Two of us could not finish it!!
The steak I saw come out covered the entire plate! The shrimp po boy was also jumping off the plate. What bothers me is the amount of food they must throw out every day---it is a rare person who can come close to finishing their obscene portions. They are certainly doing their best to keep America obese.
Would I eat here again? Yes, but I would order the WOP salad and perhaps some fried shrimp with nothing else.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
california
“OMG-Roast beef po boy sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and his brother wanted to visit Chalmette, where they borh lived as teenager's(in 1966). We went to the Battlefield of Chalamette first then visited Rocky & Carlos's. See my husband for years kept telling me about this place and how his mother would bring his family back po boy sandwiches. His whole family kept raving and reminicing about the po boy's since I've known them.
We split a roast beef po boy sandwich, since they are big. The way it was made and ordered it was called dressed, which means extra gravy and mayo. This had to be the best roast beef sandwich I had ever had in my life!!!!! I could of had the whole sandwich and they are huge!!!
Rocky & Carlos's totally lived up to the hype that my husband have been telling me.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Joplin, Missouri
“Pretty Good Food, But Not The Best I've Ever Had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My family and I were in New Orleans for the day in early March. The hotel clerk at the Best Western suggested we try Rocky and Carlos because we were wanting some authentic Cajun style food. The food was pretty good, but not incredible. I had a shrimp po boy for about $10 that could have fed 3 of me. It was HUGE! About halfway through my po boy I realized that most of the shrimp had not been devained. Which was unsettleing, but not the end of the world. The overall taste of the poy boy was decent. I also had some of the mac and cheese with brown sauce and that was very tasty. If I were in New Orleans again I probably would not return to Rocky and Carlos. It was ok, but for me it just wasn't one of those places you make a point to go back to when you're in town.

• Visited March 2013