“Stuffed fried chicken? Yes please!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
St. Charles
“Stuffed fried chicken? Yes please!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stuffed is actually a lightly breaded and perfectly spiced fried chicken done just right. It comes with a side, I chose red beans and rice and two bonus tastes of two other sides. We can't wait to return to the area and this will be on our list for sure.
Hours can be a little varied and the inside area closes an hour before the posted time, although they let us sit there with our lunch. You can still order from the drive through.

• Visited March 2013

Toronto, Canada
“A "Must" for anyone who visits Breaux Bridge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I can not tell you how enjoyable a visit I had at Glenda's. The food was superior, especially the stuffed Turkey wings. I had the honor and privilege of meeting Glenda and her daughters and for that I am very thankful. God Bless Glenda and her family and I hope to meet you again.!

Visited February 2013
“Amazing "like my grandma did it" cooking with a smile.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

On my way back to Texas, I always pass by the Breaux Bridge exit at 80 miles an hour (I mean, 70 mph mom). Today, my taste buds demanded I slow down and get lunch and walk the two dogs. I saw this little gem on Trip Advisor and gave it a try. So glad I did. The "out in the country" style might initially make you think it is take away only, but take a moment and come in to meet the staff. This place is THE REAL THING with great Sunday family meals at a greatvalue. I got the stuffed pork with dirty rice, potato salad, yams, bread, and a large lemonade for $10. This serving would feed two ladies easily (or one hungry cajun hubby). Take the 4 min drive off the interstate to try it. I will be back with my crew next time we come to visit the grandparents! PS: the dogs gave it two paws up also.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lafayette, La
“worth the trip from Lafayette”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Saw an article today in the Daily Advertiser and decided to drive a little and get lunch......the BBQ knocked my socks off, very well seasoned and not mildly either (of course, I love it hot) and the pork roast was excellent. Met Glenda and shook her hand and visited with her.......... seems like all family works the place......... would like to try lunch one day.

Visited July 2012
Springfield, IL
“Very Authentic Creole Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We went out of our way to eat lunch at Glenda's and it was well worth the time and effort. She only serves food from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and she only has a few things on the menu each day. You may check her website to see the choices. I had shrimp stew [with a hard boiled egg in it] and crawfish etoufee [half each on rice]. My wife had a split of catfish fillet and shrimp. The sides were green beans and potato salad, both prepared the Creole way. I watched Glenda's daughter cut the freshly baked pies and took a piece of lemon pie to go. It was fabulous. We both had big glasses of peach tea to drink. The total bill was only $26. Well worth the money. It's a very small place out in the country, but I guarantee you'll love it if you can find it. Just turn left at Poche's smokehouse.

• Visited January 2012