“Pretty darn good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
louisiana
“Pretty darn good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten at COTB several times, it's always well seasoned and freshly cooked. The place is really a nook with a few tables, some folks dropping by for take-out (Cajun music playing ont the hifi). I find it to be a great quick stop to for fried food, burgers and Cajun food. Reasonable too.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Delish!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011 via mobile

After spending a week in New Orleans my husband and I started our trip back to Texas. We looked on our gps when we got close to Breaux Bridge and this little gem popped up. I proceeded to check here read reviews and we decided to give it a try! It was quite possibly the most interesting place we have been to, between isles of convience store type merchandise there was a little bar area to order food. We ordered crawfish boudin balls, gumbo and an alligator/frog legs basket and just before we left we got fresh hot cracklins to go(yum)...we were very pleasantly surprised. The food was among the best we had had all week. If we ever get the chance we will definitely return to the chicken on the bayou!!! Ooo and you can even check in on Facebook or twitter and get a free drink per entree!!

Reasonable prices and great food it's hard to go wrong there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I have stopped here several times on my drive back and forth from Texas to Florida. If the crawfish are in season, I get those because they are quite flavorful. If the crawfish are not in season, I get the shrimp. The shrimp are huge and also flavorful. If you can handle the kick, you will love their seasoning.

• Visited December 2010
Galveston, Texas
“Pretty good!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

The etouffe was amazing! I have had there shrimp poboy which is also pretty good! But the etouffe is a must if your around the area.

Cecilia,louisiana
“the food and service are amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

a friend told me about Chicken on the Bayou because we were looking for a change for our usual sausage poorboys on Ssaturday's , We tried it and Amazing now we make chicken on the bayou our Saturday night's now trying something different every Saturday

• Visited May 2011