“Okay but not great” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Okay but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stopped at Crawfish Town on our way out of state. The food was okay. The portions were not as good as we expected. The grilled oysters were very, very small. They waitress said "They shrink when they get grilled." Well, if they are only the size of a half dollar, you can imagine how small they are when they came out. The seafood gumbo was good, but only luke warm. The fried platter was okay, too. One thing that was odd was it took us 40 minutes to get our lunch. The crawfish was $22 for a platter, so we decided to get our crawfish elsewhere. Not the worst place I've eaten, but for a Louisiana seafood restaurant, it could stand improvement.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, VA
“just happened by...thank goodness we did”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were going to Avery Island to visit the Tabasco plant from New Orleans. My husband kept talking about crawfish and we saw signs for this place. Got off the highway and boy am I glad. I got a sampler platter because I couldn't figure out what I wanted. When it came out, the first thing I ate was the seafood jambalaya - could have stopped right there. All the fried stuff on my plate was good but the seafood jambalaya was AMAZING. In the rest of the trip, I couldn't find it anywhere in New Orleans with seafood instead of the traditional chicken and sausage. Man, I wish I could have eaten there every day - the jambalaya had crab meat, crawfish and shrimp. The restaurant itself was very cool - looked like a converted barn. The staff was great.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“The Place To Eat Crawfish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We like many others are staying at the Cajun Palms RV Resort and doing the Louisiana tours along the way across Louisiana. Crawfish are in season so they are a nice big size and very good. The service is great here no matter when you come. We loved our experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kilgore, Texas
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

While staying at the Cajun Palms RV park, we decided to try Crawfish Town USA restraurant that is located right next door to the park. The building is an old barn convertrd to a place to eat. The staff was very friendly and did thier jobs well. The food was very good and tasted fresh. I had the seafood gumbo for starters and it was full of shrimp and crawfish. My main course was the fried shrimp and it was as good as I have eaten anywhere. Monday night was all you can eat for boiled crawfish, shrimp, and crabs and people were having a peeling good time. I definetly will being going back for more.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa
“Good cajun food and a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The "Tuesday Classic" fried seafood platter was very good with a frog leg, fried fish, crab cake, fried oysters and shrimp, plus heaping fries. The seafood gumbo was as flavorful as you can get and included several large shrimp in the cup of gumbo. My companion had a hamburger, it was big, juicy and was lightly flavored with cajun spices. The bill was very reasonable.

Visited January 2013