“Awsome Food!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 55 Restaurants in Breaux Bridge
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Awsome Food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This looks like a hole in the wall place, but the food to worth the wait. I was there with four people and we all loved this place.

Visited February 2013

Mandeville, Louisiana
“It's cajun, darlin'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Surprisingly good boudin in a dumpy little take-out/dine-in road stop. As I was driving west across the Atchafalaya Basin bridge/causewayI realized I was hungry for lunch so I decided to stop at the first exit from the bridge which is in Henderson, LA. There are about two decent restaurants to choose from so I felt comfortable in eating a good bowl of seafood gumbo. As I exited I noticed a sign advertising boudin which I love so I stopped at The Boudin Shop. I ordered two boudin links along with potato salad. The pork boudin was delicious as well as the potato salad and I had so much food that I couldn't finish it all!
I was pleasantly surprised and very full of great cajun food!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Summerland Key, FL
“Delicious Cajun food in an unexpected dive/general store!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Enjoyable lunch of boiled crawfish, potatoes and corn......so far the best of our trip to LA, AL & MS! Big, juicy, flavorful boiled crawfish that melt in your mouth, moist and delicious potatoes/corn! So much to choose from....we can't wait to go back tomorrow! Nice people at counter! Great choice of Cajun spices and foods! We bought some chocolate sugar....yummmm

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great seafood good prices very casual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Weve been twice. Selection taste and portion all great. The crowd can be a bit much for the staff (only one cashier at the counter and small kitchen) and number of tables but you still probably wont wait long because they're pretty fast. Atmosphere is of course super casual/kind of dumpy for some.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This is not much on atmosphere needs more seating. It was worth the little wait for a table. Best red beans and rice and shrimp poy boy sandwich. I highly recommend stopping.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere