“Great food, great fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Port Aransas, Texas
“Great food, great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The exterior of the building dosent look very promising, but as soon as you walk in the door, you get absorbed into the Cajun dancehall experience. The fried alligator is great, and the Cajun blackened catfish is the best! Catfish is usually not on the top of my list, but this was to die for! Encrusted in spices and breadcrumbs then blackened on the grill until perfectly done. It was amazing and I still crave it today. The live cajun music gives the place a lively, authentic feel while you eat the lively authentic food. I would stop here anytime I'm driving on I-10 or I-49

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Shreveport, Louisiana
“very impressed with this restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

i was not a fan of cajun food but after visiting this restaurant i can say I LOVE IT. The alligator was cooked perfectly and would just melt in your mouth. Everything we ordered was top of the line food. The only thing that I didnt like was that the bread pudding had coconut in it, but that is just my preference. I would highly recommend this, and by the way the music was fantastic. Cant wait to go back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, AZ
“Great Cajun Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great food, great service and great music made this a very enjoyable meal. It was the first timer we heard Cajun music and saw Cajun dancing so we stayed a while after our meal was over.

Visited June 2013
Arlington, TX
“Not What It Used to Be”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm a big fried shrimp lover and thought Milate's had the best. So on our way from Fort Worth to New Orleans my husband and I had to stop. I didn't know they had changed hands, but decided to try it anyway. Big mistake! The shrimp were terrible--no taste whatsoever. My husband wasn't thrilled with his meal either which consisted of small shrimp with some sauce over rice. We thought the waitress said it was shrimp soup, but it wasn't even close to soup. On our next trip, we'll just continue driving to New Orleans.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great zydeco music and a good meal in a true cajun place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

When we arrived in the parking, we were sceptical a bit. Then, once inside, we felt all the spirit and ambiance of the place at once. Okay, this is it. This is truly cajun.

We sat, enjoyed the music with a LA 31 beer, ordered plates of crawfish, catfish and alligator, ate and danced. We were delighted by everything we just mentinned about.

Would clearly go back and enjoy that zydeco all over again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere