“Loved it.” 5 of 5 stars

1130 Berard Street, Breaux Bridge, LA 70517   |
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I would thoroughly recommend this B&B. Absolutely lovely, a great welcome, relaxed and homely whilst also efficient and unintrusive. Excellent - will be going back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wonder Lake, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

My husband and I came to Breaux Bridge as part of our 10 year anniversary trip to Louisiana. I did a lot of research before selecting hotels and this one was rated high, so we picked it. Well - GREAT CHOICE! We have stayed in about 10-15 B & Bs in our lives and this one blew them all away. The house looked like something right out of the pages of Southern Living magazine. It had the most comfortable beds, beautifully appointed rooms! We stayed in the Karen Room which has doors directly opening to a balcony/porch, which overlooked the beautiful grounds (pool, Bayou Teche and a probably 200 yr old oak). The innkeeper was awesome - totally stayed out of your way and was an excellent cook! The inn was so peaceful and beautiful, you wanted to never leave, or at least bring your whole family back to see it for themselves. It even has a jacuzzi/hot tub and awesome gardens, plus a swing hanging from the old tree. I highly, highly recommend this place!

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We spent a weekend in Breaux Bridge, LA for our anniversary and stayed at Isabelle Inn based on a friend's recommendation. The stay was very relaxing and exactly what we needed. The Inn was so incredibly quiet and peaceful. I feel like this should be both known and appreciated by other potential visitors. We live in a large city that is quite hectic and loud, so the sheer silence of our time spent at the Inn was a welcome retreat. The Inn itself is a gorgeous home with beautiful amenities and wonderful craftsmanship. The breakfasts were truly gourmet and the hosts made sure all dietary questions (we had none) were asked before preparing the meals. Our room was spotless, roomy and comfortable. The bed may be the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and I wish it was mine at home. It was a little too cold to swim but the jacuzzi was relaxing to sit in during the cooler weather. One nice touch that I appreciated was the small plates of baked good that would magically appear in the later afternoons. It reminded me of the afternoon snack a caring mother might leave out for children returning from school. One day it was banana bread and the next it was peanut butter cookies. Wonderful! The only negative thing I will say is that the location of Isabelle Inn may surprise some visitors. It is quite close to a busy intersection and a fairly busy main road. I have a feeling that it was not always this way and the owners can not exactly pick up their Inn and move it. However, the wonderful coffee on the back porch each morning was accompanied by the sounds of cars, trucks and the occasional police siren. This was a minor issue but those expecting the Inn to be tucked away from civilization should know this before arriving.

We would certainly return to Isabelle Inn and highly recommend it for a nice, relaxing, quiet weekend.

New Iberia, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

The Isabelle Inn Bed & Breakfast is truly an extraordinary place. Beautiful, clean, cozy, comfortable & relaxing describe it best! Balconies are located in the front & rear of the house; perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine or cup of coffee. Breakfast was incredible!! Breaux Bridge has many antique shops & restaurants which are located within a mile of The Isabelle Inn !

Westlake, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We loved our stay at the Isabelle Inn on Aug 21, 2010 for our wedding anniversary. The pool was amazing! Karen recommended a great restaurant for dinner. Innkeepers were very nice and did a super job with breakfast. We had a very relaxing stay. We hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Recently, I planned a romantic get away for my girlfriend and I. It was well deserved for the both of us and a birthday celebration for her. Although the initial plan was to spend the weekend in Biloxi, MS; I decided to rearange some dates and times to spend the remainder of my trip at the Isabelle Inn. I regret not spending our entire time here. We arrived later than expected and were accompanined to our rooms by the property manager Karen with freshly cut flowers from the Garden. There were no problems with our arrival time, and she went the extra mile to bake an extremely delicious cake....I went back for thirds. We were joined by a couple on an anniversary get away and enjoyed conversations near the pool pass the garden. The rooms were literally spotless and more comfortable than any hotel or suite that I've ever vaccationed with. The Isabelle Inn is a treat that everyone deserves to indulge in. A gorgeous venue, and remarkable personal service equivalent to no other. Thank you for making my weekend the perfect getaway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here after finding the inn during an internet search. We were blown away with the hospitality of Karen, Holly and Susan. All three made us feel at home with afternoon snacks, friendly conversation, and of course a fabulous breakfast. They provided everything we needed and more. The rooms were clean and comfortable and well decorated. Both the pool and porch swing were divine... we would definitely stay here again. Well done ladies.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Isabelle Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!