“Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boutte
Boutte, United States
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel was very clean, quiet, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Rooms looked nice and well-maintained. Not much in walking distance but not too far from New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Car31525, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Boutte, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with our property. We are working very hard to make sure that all of our guest have a great experience. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Once again thank you for letting us know that we are doing a good job!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Was not going to stay here this year but this hotel is a safe bet. I actually wanted to stay closer to the Superdome this year. I booked at the Ramada Metaire based on the website but when I got there is was horrible. Thus, I cancelled that reservation and stayed at the Marriott Lake/Causeway but I will discuss that in another review. The first part of my vacation had me book at the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Boutte and as the year before my stay was pretty good. I had a few challenges with this stay but great customer service had me put those concerns to the back of my mind. When we got to the hotel the desk was not manned but the GM emerged from the back and apologized for the wait. She really made me feel welcomed. She was very engaging and polite and I was in my suite within minutes. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff was wonderful but over the last year the building has experienced some wear and tear. The elevator, the ice machine, the bathroom door handle in my room, the computer in the lobby and the office chair in my room could all use repair. The next challenge during my stay was that the room doors are spring loaded to close on their own and because of that I was awakened ever morning by ignorant hotel guest letting the doors slam, constantly. However, when I brought this to the attention of the staff they informed the GM and she acknowledged my concerns and performed great service recovery. She actually invited me to her office and listened to all that I had to say and took genuine concern in what I had to say. The breakfast hostess was the best. Gosh she was hard working at making sure that the breakfast selection stayed full and the area stayed clean. Each night when I returned from the parties and concerts the front desk staff was always pleasant and welcomed me back each time. My last night at the hotel I asked the gentleman manning the desk (I told him I would name him but unfortunately I forgot his name) could he print out my boarding pass for when I left at first he didn't know how to do it but he did not give up. After returning to my room he called me and asked me to come back to the desk and he completed the task for me. Overall, the hotel is 20 minutes outside of New Orleans but OHHHH it is peaceful (when the doors are not slamming), clean, and off the beaten path. Oh and if you are hungry there is a 24hr Burger King, a 24hr IHOP and a 24hr Waffle house all within a 30 second drive or a 3 minute walk from the hotel. Bottom line is, I will return in 2015 and this hotel will be on my shortlist of hotels again. P.S. our housekeeper was the best a modest tips gets you the big towels lol. I would have given this property an excellent rating but the hotel could use some maintenance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Car31525, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Boutte, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you so much for comments about the Laquinta in Boutte LA. We are always happy to hear from our guest. We are going through some great changes here are working on improvements to the hotel. I want to thank you from our entire staff here in Boutte for staying with us and we all look forward in seeing you on your next visit.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Not what I'd expect from this chain. I was told they'd check for an alarm clock (at 8 PM) when none was in the room & they'd call me back. Got the alarm clock the next day - never got a call. The shower head had a very weak stream. Asked for that to be fixed, but couldn't tell the difference the next night. The second morning, the eggs tasted old & the coffee was barely warm. The desk clerk was away from the front desk, with a note to that effect, when I went to check out a day early. A housekeeper saw me waiting & got my receipt for me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Car31525, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Boutte, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
I am sorry that our property was not up to the standards that you expected while on your travels. Please know that we acknowledge our guest concerns and do everything in our power to make corrections of any issues that were found. I have contacted the manager on the issues and it has been addressed with the staff as well as management.Again please accept our deepest apology and the next time in our area please give us another try.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went for Mardi Gras week, it was a very clean hotel, only 30 mins from New Orleans, the only thing is that there was a smell of natural gas in the air don't know if there was an gas rig somewhere but would go back to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is the best place ever!!!!!! Everything is nice and clean and quite...The front desk is nice and they will work with u on everything and make your stay a lot better just like home....oh and they allow pets also so that's a great thing if u have pets.....The manger, keisha is soooooo sweet and nice

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Loxley, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My brother in law lives in Cut Off and we were helping him move back to Alabama, so we stayed at the La Quinta on 90. I was iffy about it at first because I have had my fair share of nasty hotels traveling with my mother. The outside appearance and the lobby are nice, as they always are in any "nicer" hotel... But we all know looks can be deceiving and the rooms can be gross. Not this place!! I cannot begin to say how pleased I am with the cleanliness of this establishment.

I was in a car accident, in which I totaled my car, a year ago to the day we checked out of this hotel. I woke up for the first time in a year with NO PAIN. The beds are amazing, they are Beauty Rest, for those of you who are wondering. :)

The night I called and asked for vacancies for a single and double, the girl (apparently she was new) told me she had a couple of both and the rate was $119, and with military discount it would be $79. When we arrived there were no singles, even though I had only called 15-20 minutes earlier, so the relief receptionist put us in a double... And charged us $116 with military discount applied. The next morning I spoke with the manager, Lakeisha, and she fixed everything for us, and gave us the rate we were told the night before.

I know there are some negative reviews on this establishment, but there is new management taking over and I was very impressed. I WILL stay at this hotel again, if ever in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Boutte? Share your experiences!