“Misleading advertisement...run down” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
“Misleading advertisement...run down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The picture of this hotel on the internet looks like a fairly new and nice hotel. I booked a room for me and my family to stay here in March. I am not familiar with this area, so I booked the room based on what I saw on the internet. The picture of the outside of the hotel is not the hotel at all. The actual hotel is run down and in a sketchy neighborhood. Despite our original observation we went into the lobby to check in. At that point I decided that there was no way my family and I were going to stay the night there. I canceled my room immediately. I did not get a refund, of course, because it was the day of check in and I would have had to cancel the day before to get a refund. So we drove around until we found a decent hotel room in an area where we felt safe. I contacted the hotel, Expedia AARP Travel (which is who I booked through), and no one could assist in getting my refund. The hotel general manager did not even respond to my e-mail. I do not believe the hotel should be able to advertise this picture when it is clearly not a picture of their hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mexia, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We traveled from Texas with the in-laws for my husband's birthday. I chose this motel due to location. We were very pleased. Very clean. Yes, it's right off of the interstate and in an "older neighborhood".....but that made no difference at all. The neighborhood is absolutely fine. Once we were in our rooms, you could not hear any traffic. Granted, we were not on the side near the highway. Now, there were 2 cigarette burns on our bedspread. It looked and smelled clean otherwise. But, they weren't that noticable and it made no difference in how I slept. (we were in a non-smoking room) I suppose if it had really bothered me I could've asked for a new spread with no problems. The online pics of the facility are very true to life. We spent our time at Margaritaville, the Horseshoe and on the boardwalk and they are right up the road. The complimentary breakfast was great as well. I would absolutely stay here again. If you would rather have a hotel with rooms on the inside, there is a Wingate within a stones throw of the Comfort Inn. I always plan my trips with advice from reviews on this site so I figured I'd throw in my two cents! Hope it's helpful!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
gm_la717, Manager at Comfort Inn Bossier City, responded to this review, March 29, 2014

New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a nice clean hotel and quiet, management is on site and available any time. Check in and check out was smooth. Breakfast was OK. It's an older style with rooms that open to outside but a nice area, in an older residential area, houses across the street and a church nearby.

Will stay again when we are in Shreveport area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here after the George Strait concert Jan 9 2014 it was quiet and the room was clean n very spacious the bed was comfy we didn't wake in time for breakfast but we enjoyed are stay price was good too

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Sterrett, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I got this hotel in my family thanksgiving trip to Texaa and I expect more, considering it is a Confort Inn, but unfortunately it was just ok. Lady who attend in the night was not too happy to receive guest and lady in the morning was concremtrated in her cell phone instead of our questions. After all, it was not a bad ezperience, but a good one either.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Williamsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Was doing a cross country drive and needed someplace near the highway while going through Shreveport LA. Did not have a reservation. In fact I had first stopped at the Travel Lodge near by but the cyclone fenced parking lot and people loitering near the cars convinced me to find another spot. Front desk staff was welcoming, knowledgeable and had me set up in no time. Room was nicely appointed and very quiet. Parking lot was well lit . All good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Delavan, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Upon arrival, the bright spot, was Mitchell, who worked the front desk. He was very friendly and helpful! He even referred us to a very nice restaurant. After that it was down hill. The carpet in our room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a week or shampooed ever! There were huge stains on the upholstered furniture and some kind of frozen spill in the freezer. We stayed in quite a few Comfort Inns on this trip and many before, all over the U.S. and have never seen any facility this disgusting! At breakfast everything kept running out and we were made to feel that WE were an imposition! We would never stay in this facility again!

Stayed October 2013

Been to Comfort Inn Bossier City? Share your experiences!