“Read this please before you stay here! Especially if you have small children!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Shreveport - Bossier City

You added Crossland Economy Studios - Shreveport - Bossier City to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Shreveport - Bossier City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3070 E. Texas, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Read this please before you stay here! Especially if you have small children!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

My husband was stationed at Barksdale AFB in July, but we had to do the whole military moving process, so my young daughters and I didn't come until August. We needed to find a place to stay for two weeks, until we could get into our new apartment. We were excited about finding this hotel, because the price range was great, it had two beds (which would fit all four of us), a small kitchen table, and kitchenette. Since we were there two weeks the little stove top, and small fridge were a big plus for us staying here. When we first got there there was a few MASSIVE crickets in the room. Being from the north, we had never seen a cricket so big! We got rid of them and forgot about it though. As the nights went on we were all getting little bite on us, mainly on myself and my youngest daughter. We had spent a lot of time fishing so we thought it could have been from that. So we wrote that off just like the crickets. Well, I am an insomniac, so all of my family would go to sleep and I would be up for hours. It would be dark (except for the bathroom light on) and totally quiet. Thats when I realized, when the lights are out, and everyones silten the roaches come out. I cant tell you how many I killed!!! All over the kitchen area. I killed a lot of big one, but there were hundreds of little babies. So gross. On top of that, about three days before we left we got a call that someone would be coming in to check for bugs, they totally tore the room apart with us there looking for them. When I mentioned the cockroaches, they said they were there for bedbugs, but I guess they found nothing. Two days after that, my husband had left for work, and my daughters were asleep, when I felt something pinch my arm. I was half asleep so I smacked my arm, but didnt really pay attention to it. Then all of a sudden I felt something tickling the hairs on my arm, around where I smacked it. I looked down and it was a bedbug! Thats when it clicked why we were getting so many bites. The management tried to convince me that it wasnt. Which was absolutely ridiculous!!! They did tell me however that they recently had a bedbug issue in the room next to us. The whole thing was disgusting. We paid a good amount of money, to stay in a place INFESTED with cockroaches, all while being bitten by bedbugs! They did however send all of our clothes to the dry cleaner, but that should absolutely be expected whereas I didn't bring the bedbugs in there, and if I brought them to my brand new apartment, I would have lost it. We asked for any kind of compensation, yet none was given. I don't recommend this place at all!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I had stayed at this facility not even a year ago and at that time we were impressed w/ the customer service and the quality. The customer service was okay, but not willing to take the initiative to accommodate. Once we entered the room, there was a moldy uncomfortable smell. I had to buy air fresheners for the room because my girls often complained of the smell. The hot water handle was stripped out in the bathroom. Someone came to look at it, but that was it. The shower was luke warm and the beds were very hard and uncomfortable. My husband and I both agreed this would not be our selection on our next we visit to Bossier, La.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Plano, TX, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

This small hotel on Texas Avenue is one of the best kept secrets in Bossier City. It caters mostly to the working class who stay there while working in the area. But, the rooms are clean and the price in low. Don't expect amenities like shampoo or ice or drink machines; but for a place to sleep while in the area, it cannot be beat. Bossier City and Shreveport have SO many hotels that are filthy and overpriced that Crossland is such a pleasant surprise. I have stayed there two consecutive years and will continue in the future. If you are going to stay there, please keep it CLEAN!! If you are going to empty your ashtray on the parking lot, go somewhere else! the SHOGUN Japanese restaurant next door is also excellent and an easy walk.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I stayed a night here and it had the worst "smell", it was very "small" and the worst part of it all...My 1 year old had "dirty feet" and his socks from walking on the floors, it looked like he ran outside for an hour...when i seen that, i had to bathe him and keep his shoes on-my poor love! The kitchenett and bathroom floors were sticky and it looked like they definitely didn't mop.

I would have tried to go to another hotel but this was my last resort, everywhere else was booked and i drove 6 hours away. Im going back to Bossier this weekend and I will definitly not go here, i will reserve for somewhere else.

Oh and not to mention, I seen mostly men staying there for work, so i would recommend this to a guy who is out there to work and want a very good price.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
bossier city la
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

My Husband and I have been staying there for 2 weeks now.the first week was pretty good..now then this weekend it was terrible adults and kids running up and down the balconies all night long screaming..then we had cops everywhere which made ppl cream and holler worse..when i called the front desk to ask if there was a curfew they said no.I had ppl above me moving furniture all night long and she said she couldn't do anything about it..I go To work every morning at 6 am and I wasn't able to get to sleep. I myself would not advise someone to stay here if you are a working person. Cause they don't keep their premises under control for nothing..nor do they care about there guset.! needless to say when my week is up I'm out of here

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

I stayed for 4 nights and the staff were extremely helpful and kind. The room was great, it was nice and cozy with plenty of room. The room was extremely clean. The air conditioner would freez you out at times but that's a good thing in Louisiana. Anything extra i needed could be found at the front desk. No matter if it was night or day they were friendly with a smile on there face and ready to help with anything I needed. The water pressure in the shower was awesome. I mostly like the kitchen with the microwave and the icebox. That really came in handy and I also like the fact there was internet if I needed it. I guess if I had to say anything about what I didn't like it would be what they don't have like a hot tub or a swimming pool. Everything else was great. I am taking another trip soon and will be staying at Crossland.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Fort Worth,TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

The hotel was very comfortable and roomy. The bed very comfortable, the area was quiet, they had great movies on showtime. You didn't have to leave the room for anything. Close proximity to nearby casinos and walking distance to grocery store,pharmacy, and fast-food restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — no condiments for coffee
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Shreveport - Bossier City? Share your experiences!