“Would Stay Again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Humble, Texas, United States
“Would Stay Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had a King room next to the breezeway on the back side of the property. I didn't have trouble parking, but like the other reviewers noted, there were several people parked in the lot with trailers taking up several parking spots. It was quiet in my room even though I was next to the stairwell. The AC unit worked well and it wasn't too loud. I find the beds at these hotels to be very comfortable, and this one was no exception. I thought it was clean in my room and in the common areas. My room didn't have a mini-fridge, and I didn't notice a safe. I'm glad I packed my own shower items because all that was in the bathroom was a tiny bottle of "Conditioning Shampoo" and small square of "Face and Body Soap." My boyfriend tried to use that soap and ended up using my girly soap because it was so bad. The only part of the free breakfast we took advantage of was coffee and grabbing a muffin. My coffee maker in my room didn't have the filter for it, but I went to guest services and they gave me one. It was easier to walk down to the lobby in the morning and get coffee so I could use real half and half and not the powdered kind that was in the room. I thought it was weird that they had waffles, but guests were making their own. The breakfast also included hard boiled eggs, bananas, packaged grits and oatmeal, frosted flakes and corn flakes, and yogurt. There was apple and orange juice as well. I found all of the staff to be exceptionally friendly and accommodating. I am a rewards member and my check in and check out took less than two minutes. The requests I made in my reservation were met. I ended up not bringing my dog even though I indicated I would in my reservation, but there was no pet deposit charged anyway. Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Better parking on the back side because people can't really park their trailers back there if th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband booked this hotel and didn't notice it was dog friendly. Our room smelled like urine and stale cigarette smoke. Our fault should have check for policy on animals. Won' t stay here again. Room did not appear deep cleaned.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Iv'e always enjoyed the LaQuinta brand, but I was exceptionally impressed with this property. The staff was friendly and check-in was a breeze. The rooms, hallways, and outdoor areas were very clean. The hotel is in a nice area of the city and just a short trip to the casinos. This hotel is great for travelling with a dog because of their pet-friendly policy and the public park right down the street. I plan on staying at this LaQuinta every time I pass through Bossier City or Shreveport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
San Augustine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I checked in 6/13/13 & checked out 6/16/13. The staff was really nice and helpful. My husband asked if there was any bottom rooms and she said she didn't think so but she double checked and there was one left. We didn't know it was handicapped until we got there but we loved it because it was big and roomy and we had our 3 little girls with us so there was lots of room for us. It was room #123. The beds were so soft and everything was really clean and it had a nice flat screen tv. The ac worked great, it was really cold. The water pressure was great and everything was perfect. And the check out lady was really nice to and it was a fast check in and fast check out. I didn't try the breakfast and we didn't go swimming in the pool so I can't comment on those. I will be staying here next year also when we go for our yearly convention =) I DEF recommend this hotel!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were tired when we got to the hotel without a reservation. We were able to check in immediately. I like the no-smoking policy. Rooms were roomy and clean. Good hot breakfast the next morning. I recommend this hotel. Checkout was fast also.

Decatur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I realize not all dogs are as well behaved and non-destructive as my 2 small dogs, therefore, the 'pet fee' charged by most hotel chains is justifiable. When my husband and I was planning our trip to Bossier City/Shreveport, Louisiana, we were delighted to find that La Quinta does NOT charge a pet fee. For folks like us, retired on a fixed income, this is a blessing. In addition, the Bossier City La Quinta was clean, comfortable and every one on the staff we encountered was gracious. La Quinta is now tops on our list of hotels!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Bossier City? Share your experiences!