“Mixed Emotions” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
“Mixed Emotions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

The Econo Lodge in Bossier City Louisiana is a decent place to stay on a budget. I like the Econo Lodge because of the large rooms. The Rooms run between $39.00 and $60.00 on an average night. The hotel itself is older and could use a LOT of updating. The rooms are not terrible and the bed is actually comfortable for the price. I have stayed in MANY MANY hotels and I would rate this as average. The front desk clerk was very nice an accommodating, but on the way to the room there were young people sitting outside on the sidewalks drinking and talking loudly. The pool area looks as if it came straight out of a 1970's movie. We stayed in a room with a small kitchenette which is perfect for short term stay.

OK, all in all I would suggest the Econo Lodge as a safe and inexpensive place to stay for a night or two.

Room Tip: When getting a room I think the King Bed Rooms would be best for the added space.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Winnfield, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

My dad had some points to use up so me and hubby decided we'd use them the night before he had to be at the hospital early for surgery. The Ecno Lodge site said it was next to Barksdale-never thought about being around all the planes so I considered that my own fault for not paying attention. But we were right next to a train track which the site of course did not mentioin. At 3am I thought a tornado was coming for us! The room was clean and no smell but the bathroom door was broken and I'm not one for showering in the wide open. There were maintenence orders left on out desk which was very unprofessional. The staff I met was ok but nothing special. Even for a free room-it wasn't worth it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

I am trying very hard to think of one good thing to say about this MOtel......... The staff at this establishment, other than housekeeping, was the lowest of low class!!! Talk about no "home training".....How did they even get through the interview process? As a paying customer, or should I say a victim of "robbery", I should be able to go to the customer service desk and complain/suggest that the free, (and you get what you pay for) breakfast is not accurately being provided to the customers. Well don't try that here, or you will be treated with no respect what so ever, and literally be threatened with physical harm if you approach the counter....STAY AWAY!!! IT'S A HELL HOLE!

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Reklaw, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

This is the worst stay in any motel in my whole life. I had 42 bed bug bites when I arrived home and have brought the bugs with me. I have had to spend more money getting rid of the bugs than the motel stay cost. I reported this to the main office of Choice Hotels International, and they said I would have to contact the motel. The person with whom I spoke the first time was not even concerned about the problem. He did not even ask which room we were in. Neither did he ask for my name or the dates that we stayed......totally unconcerned. And in fact, after I sent an email about the problem I received a rude letter (snail mail) asking why I would even be upset about the problem!
And what else did the letter contain? "We had the room checked for bed bugs and there were none." Now how could they check the right room since they didn't even inquire about what room it was? I will never stay at any Econo Lodge anywhere again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Lufkin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2008

The hotel had a good cont. breakfast. The room however was right next to a train track and it was very loud and interupted my sleep. The room was supposed to have refridgerator and microwave but did not and the staff did nothing about that fact. The room was clean but the room latch was broken. All together it was okay, but would have stayed somewhere else if I could have.

• Liked — The Breakfast
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arkansas, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

Econolodge in Bossier City, Louisiana had a nice motel. However, it is right at a railroad track crossing and the trains went through ALL night long blaring on their horns. We did not get any sleep. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed February 2007
Tulsa OK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

Bad area, needs updating--not a nice place.

Stayed September 2006

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!