“Older property” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Dallas, Texas
“Older property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is an older property and a little refurb might be in order. Rooms are outside facing. The bed was OK, starting to get a little too soft for my liking. No fridge. The water pressure & temperature were both very poor, and the shower controls were odd. I thought the price was a bit high for the quality, but it was Shreveport/Bossier on a Saturday night. The folks at the front desk were nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I give two thumbs up to this Super 8 !!! The room was clean and most of all the front desk staff was friendly !! The hotel manager was very helpful with helping us find good places to eat and for entertainment. She printed out directions for us each time. The continental breakfast was good too. I will stay there again. Thanks, SUPER 8

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Niceville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Customer service was excellent. Had problems with our flight and were delayed a day everyone I spoke with at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Once we got checked into the hotel the room was very clean. Only problems I found with the room is that the pillows were very uncomfortable and the bathroom looked as though they had started repairs and hadn't finished. Other than that things were just fine. The continential breakfast was ok, needs a new toaster one side doesn't toast and the other burns. The waffles were good and everything else just fine. If you are not used to the sound of trains this hotel will startle you. I fortunately am so it wasn't a bother to me, but just about any hotel you stay in the area you will hear the train at night so this should not be reflected against this hotel. All around the hotel was just what I needed at a good rate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We called on our way into town for a price on a a room with 2 double beds they gave us a price $69.00 per night. We got to the hotel and she honored the price quoted over the phone which was lower than the computer price. We received good service by the lady at the front desk who told us when the the free continental breakfast would be available in the morning. At one point my husband went to buy a bottle of water from the vending machine in the lobby and the machine ate his dollor and the lady at the front desk refunded him.

The room was very average. The beds seemed clean and I slept well. Any one in this business knows that a great hotel has all the details in line... the base boards were coming loose, the tv control was difficult to locate, cheap bedding and toilet paper, and the clock in the room was an hour behind. Something to know is that this hotel is just across the street from a rail road line that was busy while we were staying there, but it didn't hinder my sleep. For $69 bucks I might stay here again or I might try another hotel for the same price. Overall it was ok.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Gonzales, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

My family and I chose this hotel because it was resonably priced and close to our destination. Cheap price brings trashy people. LOUD hoodlums all hours of the night that you do not want around your children. The front desk attendant stole our laptop and some of our cash, got arrested for it and the hotel manager and/or owners are not helpful do not care that their employee stole out of our locked occupied room. No reimbursement for improper entry of our room nothing. Instead they defend the fact that it wasn't on camera (well get better eyes and cameras people). And yes the attendant ended up admitting to stealing it. Bottom line it's already run down, yes it's cheap...but it's not worth having your things stolen out of your room . We even had the DO NOT DISTURB card up and it was still entered. And it's not worth being placed around the trash that migrates here or being around trashy unhumane individuals with no respect for others let alone children(yes that's not the hotels fault, but it becomes their fault when they allow actions to take pplace on their property). With that said our first night was ok but we still heard all of the outdoor and road noises and the train tracks. They do offer a very small breakfast area. Seriously chose another place, I promise it will be worth it! They do not offer a safe, I didn't realize that until after we were already in our room. I hid my laptop and valuables locked in my suitcase. But they found the laptop and took it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank travelingjoe1234
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

My son and I stayed at this hotel on our drive from Montgomery, Alabama to Texas. The property is indeed older, but is kept very clean. The night time clerk was helpful as well. We had no issues with noise or bugs. We did not try the breakfast but would stay here again if we needed a room on the way to our final destination. The hotel itself is close to the interstate and is close to a few eateries.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TrishBee
Malakoff, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I would stay here again. It is clean, and people were polite. Had a little trouble with the a/c, but staff came and helped us with it. Fruit, coffee, juice, make-your-own waffles, sweet rolls, cereal for breakfast. Someone else mentioned train noise. I heard it, but it didn't bother me.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends