“Travelling with pet” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Austin, Texas
“Travelling with pet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

When we bring the dog along, we don't expect much out of hotels that allow pets without a large pet fee. So we were pleasantly surprised by the Days Inn in Bossier City. It was just a quick one night stop to break up the long drive to my in-laws' house. We chose the Days Inn because pet fees are $15 per pet, and nightly rates were cheap, and reviews here seemed passable.
Now, it's certainly not the comfort level of a 3+ star hotel... But for the price, and for the level of accomodations you'd expect from a Days Inn class motel, this hotel was clean, pleasant, reasonably quiet. The staff was pleasant, helpful, and hardworking, and the free breakfast was surprisingly varied, tasty, and cleanly presented. This may become our go-to stopover for future visits to the in-laws.

• Stayed July 2012
mike b, General Manager at Days Inn Bossier City, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Days Inn Bossier. We are glad that we could accommodate your family pet at a reasonable cost. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Shreveport / Bossier city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

As I read the last couple of reviews on this motel I think we are talking about 2 different motels!
I travel for business combined with pleasure, i stay in hotels almost every week for 2-6 nights across the SE & have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & I am picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench and Bugs).
I was stuck for 2 nights, (or I would have checked out b-4 I finished unpacking) waiting for a pkg coming via PP it arrived on the 3rd day and even though I paid for that night I immediately checked out and went elsewhere!

Because I was booked for 13 nights I was consider a weekly guest and upon ckeck-in was given a watered down schedule for housekeeping (ridiculous) this is expected at an all suites like Candlewood Suites were you get more amenities for your money , but not here. I got an old rusty microwave, mini frig & a coffee pot that didn't work.
Room Quality: The decor was an outdated 80's style and very worn . The carpet was sticky and badly stained as well. Much of the furniture was downright dirty and stained. It looks like nothing had been updated in this room in 20+ years.
Main Issue: BUGS!
1st night I killed a nest of 30 -40 baby roaches.
In the morning I went to the front desk and told the clerk and asked to have my room sprayed.
When I returned in the early eve I took my remote to the front desk for new batteries it wasn't working, she said maintenance man would be right up to fix, I asked her if there was any notes on my file showing they sprayed, she said No but I could ask the maintenance man he would know!! While I was waiting for him I captured another roach in a cup to show him. So I asked, he said no not that he knows of, so I told him about the captured roach, he never asked to see it didn't spray, just put batteries in my remote, said just call if you need anything and left. So I went to the store and bought a can of Roach spray and sprayed around my bed, so I could sleep a little. Thank God I did not have to sleep there a 3rd night (even though I paid for it and had to pay again elsewhere, WORTH IT!!)
Price: Very cheap and rightfully so.
The breakfast looked sad and i wasn’t bold enough to try it.

Recommendation: Spend a little more money and stay somewhere else. Forewarned is forearmed!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
mike b, General Manager at Days Inn Bossier City, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We take your review seriously as a way to improve on our service and product. We have reported your problem to EcoLab for resolution. I would like to talk with you more about your stay and have the opportunity to resolve any remaining issues. if you would call me at 318-742-9200. We always want to offer our guests the best we can, when given an opportunity.
Central Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Hotel is showing age, but the rooms were clean, water hot with plenty of pressure in the shower. Hotel staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Elevator available for those unable to climb stairs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Days Inn Bossier City, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
We appreciate you chosing Days Inn Bossier. We are glad you enjoyed our clean comfortable room. We look forward to serving you on your next visit. Thank you for sharing your comments.
Argyle, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Wanted a decent place to stay in Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana near the Horseshoe/ElDorado casinos ( I didn't have comps for casino hotel room and they're rates are expensive!). IF you're going to Shreveport & need hotel, be SURE to read reviews.....alot of other places, even known hotel names, had ALOT of bad reviews ...but the Days Inn Bossier City had OK reviews so I booked it over Hotwire. A few miles east of downtown, easy to find/exit off I-20. Smooth checkin/no rudeness that's common out here. Honored my phone-in request for upper level floor. Area feels relatively safe, building & parking lit well ...no undersireables hanging around. Office, Lobby, Breakfast area is seperate building in front of the 3 story hotel. Room first glance: floors clean,bedspreads/sheets/linens ok, A/C working fine, older furniture & fixtures alittle banged up/loose drawers but functional & old, CRT TV (could use an update), bathroom clean/ok. Has wall mounted hair dryer (a plus), 1 cup coffee maker (didnt use), actual working clock radio (this is rare!). Pros: Bed was comfortable; not a lumpy slab; pillows were ok, too. Room was quiet; didnt hear alot of noise on my stay. A/C worked well. Cons: After every flush, toilet kept running & almost overflowed even though it was NOT clogged...means the fill valve/flapper are not working properly...tried to adjust it but ended up turning off water valve to prevent overflow. Big inconvenience. A/C power cord on floor had loose connection; if bumped, A/C went off...had to use chair leg to hold the cord in place and A/C worked fine thru the night. Some noticeable wall cracks. Old TV w/remote is NOT a digital/flatscreen, not mounted, and picture looks it. Breakfast area from 6-10am was ok; usual items but nothing special. Overall: Decent, reasonable hotel for a stay near the casinos; I'd use it again if I go back.

Room Tip: Better option than free hotel breakfast is the Waffle House right nearby (walking distance). Wendy...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Days Inn Bossier City, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel and the surrounding area. We have informed our maintenance department to check all of our bantroom water tanks and A/C units, to make sure they are running properly. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Bossier City.
Monroe, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My daughter has a condition where we have to go to Shreveport almost every week and most of the time we have to stay over, this is the first time we stayed at the Days Inn & we had the best time! The rooms were perfect, the pool was excellent and so was the service!

I will not be staying any where else from now on, as lond as the hotel stays this good & the price was soooo much cheaper than what we were paying at the other places!

Room Tip: The rooms on the side by the pool are the best
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
mike b, General Manager at Days Inn Bossier City, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for you comments about your stay at the Days Inn Bossier. Our staff strives to provide each guest with a wonderful experience. Our pool side rooms are espically nice during the summer months. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the days inn while I was in town for a dog show. It was fairly inexpensive, conveniently located near the interstate and offered basic amenities. The hotel was well kept, well lit and located right next to a visitors center with plenty of space to walk dogs. I didn't swim in the pool but I looked clean. The hotel is located right next to another, seedier looking hotel but there is a fence to seperate the two. I felt fairly safe at the days inn. My room was clean but definitely outdated. There was a hole in my bedspread and the cover on the a/c was broken. These were just aesthetics though. The front desk staff was not very friendly or helpful. I felt more like a burden than a guest when checking in. The continental breakfast didn't offer much. Overall, I think this hotel is good for the price. It's just very very average.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. The Days Inn Bossier strives to offer great value to our customers. We appreciate you letting us know some opportunities that we can do better on. We will use these comments in our staff training program , so we can provide even better service and quality to our future guests.
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Pulled over after a long day of driving and picked this Days Inn. I felt safe here, and it was quiet and reasonably priced. My room was clean, but the motel is just run down. The bathroom needs an overhaul, there was something peeling off the bottom of the tub. I did see a bug crawling on the wall at one point, but I've noticed bugs throughout the South and Northeast so I think part of it is weather. The bed was comfortable and the linens clean. The staff was helpful and helped me find a place in the area for dinner. The morning breakfast was so-so - no fresh fruit or really healthy options - just loads of refined, processed, carbohydrates. It got the job done if you need a place to crash in Shreveport area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate you chosing the Days Inn Bossier on your trip. We want to offer clean and comfortable rooms at a great value to each of our guests. Our guests enjoy walking, jogging, or just sitting in thepark next door. Thank you for your comments so other future guests can see.

Been to Days Inn Bossier City? Share your experiences!