“Excellent! ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shreveport Country Inn

You added Shreveport Country Inn to your Saves list
Shreveport Country Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1984 Airline Drive, Bossier City, LA 71112 (Formerly Country Hearth Bossier City)   |
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
“Excellent! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I love how the rooms are fresh and clean! Awesome job. One of the best rooms I have been in. I would come back again and again and again. I love the atmosphere. Perfect,excellent,terrific. Would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Devin R, General Manager at Shreveport Country Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,
We, at The Shreveport Country Inn, would like to thank you for your Tripadvisor review. We are so very glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We do make every effort possible to ensure that all of our guests have the best experience. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wylie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

My dad and I were just looking for a place to sleep while we went to the casinos as the one i was trying to book in the casino was full. After doing all the searching this came out not the cheapest but one of the cheapest to go for that is close by. I was expecting the worse but was surprised we had the fridge and microwave. There were some water issues with the bath tub but didnt really bother me. (slow drain and an issue with the bath hot water handle ) out side of that only other thing was how thin the walls were. (hearing the sounds outside) . Now if it was a family trip i would rate this 2 1/2 to 3 but for my dad and i this was more than i expected and the staff was nice. so if you are in town for the casinos this is a good fallback option.
Good for a location only 2 to 3 miles from the casinos. right near the fast food places and restaraunts

Room Tip: Good for a location only 2 to 3 miles from the casinos. right near the fast food places and restara...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Devin R, General Manager at Shreveport Country Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing The Shreveport Country Inn for as your hotel during your visit to the Bossier-Shreveport area. I am so very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I personally quite thankful that you included in your comment a couple areas where room for improvement exists. Your feedback is valued and has already been addressed with swift action. We hope to see you next time at our hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

Mom and I stayed here for a weekend on a business trip.

We had 2 double beds, non-smoking. The room was clean, although we had to open the window and air out the room when we got there because we are sensitive to the smell of cleaning compounds. The TV was an older one, but worked well. There was a desk/table with an adjustable chair, which made crafting at night easier.

Bathroom was clean, although the door didn't close all the way.

There was an in-room safe that we could set the code on. This was great, as we could keep our business funds and medications in it when we went to dinner. (We have had medications stolen at other hotels before, so we usually have to carry them with us everywhere - and at about 7 each, that's annoying.) This was very handy.

Staff were all very pleasant to us, both desk staff and cafe staff.

Problems:
There was no Wi-Fi. They said they were changing providers, and that it would be back in the next couple of days, but it never appeared while we were there. There was Wi-Fi in the main building (front desk/breakfast area).

Someone spent all evening outside singing. I don't know if they were a guest or a random person. They eventually finished up their performance around midnight. Mom and I are late sleepers, so this wasn't a problem, just a bit disconcerting.

Staff had a huge verbal altercation one morning at the front desk. We were eating breakfast, and heard shouts and threats coming from the front desk area. At first, we thought it was an angry guest (because you do see them occasionally at various hotels), but we quickly realized it was one very angry staffer screaming at another (possibly the manager, from the general content). The staffer in the cafe walked to the door, looked at the altercation and (wisely) walked right back to the cafe. I would have, too.

All in all, we would stay here again because it was a good value and was clean.

Room Tip: Building 1 is closer to the cafe, but otherwise I saw very little difference.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We at The Shreveport Country Inn would like to thank you for commenting on our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and you feedback is extremely valuable to us. As always The Shreveport Country Inn strives to provide the best possible guest experience with great service and clean accommodations. On behalf of our friendly staff, we hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015 via mobile

Inexpensive, yet very comfortable. No, its not a plush hotel, but it was clean, comfortable and friendly. Our room was nicely furnished, not extravagent, but a lot nicer than I excpected. There is a 24 hr cafe on site and complimentary breakfast . We enjoyed the small club there too, karaoke and a few locals, at least it was something to do. Easy access in and out andd right by I20. We didnt notice any outside noise when in our room. Will definately stay here again. $46 a night, can't beat it!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Devin R, General Manager at Shreveport Country Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2015
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review, and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. As with every customer, we at The Shreveport Country Inn are dedicated to providing not only an affordable accommodation, but great service and a quality product. In your future visit to the Shreveport-Bossier area, I hope that you will stay with us again; and perhaps stop by and say "hello" personally. As always, thank you for considering The Shreveport Country Inn for your lodging needs. Happy Travels.
Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015

The staff was mean and rude.. did not receive the rooms we reserved. Asked why we didn't get the rooms we wanted got a rude apply that things happen. My son lifted the mattress and there was a massive blood stain. Iron board was dirty, coffee maker didn't work, ceiling falling down.. Would never stay there again. I took pictures of the mess..

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,
I am terribly sorry to learn of your less than exceptional experience at our hotel. Hear at the Shreveport Country Inn, quality service to our guests is always of the highest priority. We currently are in the process of an entire room renovation and what has apparently happened in your circumstance is that you probably stayed in one of the few remaining rooms which have yet to be remolded. Understanding that the renovation process can be challenging to customers, we have offered a promotion of just $46.00 a night for all rooms in the attempt to ease the challenge of such a project. I wish to sincerely apologize for your experience at the front desk, and rest assured that your concern is being addressed. I hope in the future you would consider our hotel and if so, I would ask for you to contact me directly as to make certain that your experience is of the usual highest quality. We appreciate your feedback and wish you great travels.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

My son and I stayed here for a week. We were traveling on a budget and this hotel is easy on the wallet and the staff is absolutely the best! They're going thru a renovation, the rooms are nice, have fridge/micro at no extra cost, and it has a great little bar that my son had a blast in with the folks who run it. All in all, great value, safe and clean, will definitely stay here again :-)

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Devin R, General Manager at Shreveport Country Inn, responded to this review, February 3, 2015
Dear Shelle,
Thank you so very much for the opportunity to not only provide accommodations for you and your son, but also to speak with you; what a delightful conversation. I can say for all of our staff, we thoroughly enjoyed the time we had the privilege of spending with you. Above all, it was so nice to see you on your way back through the Shreveport Bossier area for your second stay here at The Shreveport Country Inn. I am glad you got the chance to stay in one of our newly renovated rooms and found them comfortable for you, your son, and the doggy. Please stay in contact, as you will always have a home away from home here at The Shreveport Country Inn. :)
Devin Romin
General Manager at The Shreveport Country Inn.

Been to Shreveport Country Inn? Share your experiences!