“Dated” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Country Hearth Bossier City to your Saves list
Country Hearth Bossier City
Country Hearth Bossier City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1984 Airline Drive, Bossier City, LA 71112 (Formerly Howard Johnson)   |
Ranked #29 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Dallas, Texas
“Dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hotels over the weekend in Shreveport/Bossier are very expensive (overpriced). This was one of the few that had availability at a reasonable rate. I was staying just for an overnight while driving so proximity to the casinos was not important, although it wasn't too far. Right off I-10 which was good for me. Place is a typical motel. Rooms dated but acceptable. Quite large and fridge/microwave included. Annoying that the remote control didn't work and when I called at around 11 pm after checking in to get a replacement, one never came. Breakfast of waffles and the like was included and a hot breakfast could be purchased at a reasonable price. I don't think I would stay again if given a choice but it definitely wasn't terrible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Keithville, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I just wanted a night away from our normal activities, so we stopped in for one night. I was very pleased with the service we received because I'm a very picky person when it comes to Hotel rooms and being clean. The housekeeping came to the room and brought me extra towels and shampoo, I liked that the room had a good bed and also had a safe in the room. The Cafe was open 24 hours and the food was not too bad, for what we paid for the room. Thanks to everyone that worked that night Sept. 27th. I would recommend this hotel to anyone....

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor with a king sized bed facing the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We had booked a king room for our honeymoon thru priceline. we arrived to a room with 2 full beds a toilet tank lid that didn't fit pee on the toilet seat a nasty room overall and attitude at the front desk that was just as nasty as the room. i would not recommend this hotel to a homeless person. your car is safer.

• Stayed September 2012
Ft Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I drive a truck and use the Corporate Lodging Card. Not much on the list in the area and Country Hearth had the best ratings of those on the list.

The room was really small and only had a full size bed. Room was pretty clean but was starting to show a little wear and tear.

Bed was too soft for my liking.

For the money that my employer paid for this room, it was expensive. I have had rooms twice the size and much more plush for a much lower rate.

I ordered a hot breakfast. 3 Eggs, hashbrowns, toast and a side of back for about $5.50. It was ok. Nothing to write home about. Service was really slow in the cafe.

If you eat at Chili's across the street you get a free order of Queso by showing your room key.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

So when I first arrive at the hotel, I was amazed because I was expecting better. Let's just say looks can be deceiving. I walked in and looked around. I saw video poker rooms, which is a positive. I went to the front desk and the young lady Sandy behind the desk had the biggest smile. When you walk in to get a room, most people ask"how may I help you". Not Sandy; she asked, "how are you". She explained to me about the cafe, the saloon, karaoke, and the general shopping. I asked are the rooms nice and she says, it's not a motel 6. Lol!!! The rooms are fairly nice. So from now on when we come to Bossier City this is where we will stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stay at this hotel frequently and enjoy the surrounding shops, stores, and resturants. Location is excellant but what really sets this place apart from the others are the employess. Ms Debbie, Ms Barbie, and Mr Jonathan are friendly and go the extra mile to assist you with anything you need. They are always there if you need anything, all you have to do is ask and they are prompt with whatever you need. They are cheerful and always have a smile on their face and seem genuinely happy to make your stay as pleasant as posssible.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Checked into this hotel because close to friends. Immediately was greeted by Barbie, who made us feel welcome. The room was clean and fresh, the cafe food was good, a little limited on menu, but taste was great. Saw Barbie again on check out and she wanted to make sure we had a great stay. All in all, this was a wonderful experience. Will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Country Hearth Bossier City? Share your experiences!