“i thought i checked into the bates hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
memphis, tn
“i thought i checked into the bates hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

i checked into the room and there was a blood stain on the lamp and everything is trashed. i was scared for my safety as there were men leering at me and my friend in the lobby. disgusting. the place smells like mildew too.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I regret that you had a problem with your stay. I will address the problems with the staff to make things better. We are here to please our guests and would have bent over backwards to make sure your stay was a great one. If you need to talk to me the GM, please call me at 318.747.2400 or email me at rodewayinnbossier@live.com c/o Harold Daniels, GM Rodeway Hotel & Suites…..
Thanks, Harold Daniels, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
HS, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

Maids stole over $2000.00 in jewelry, money, and payroll check. Front desk management did not have time to speak with me to follow up on investigation! Maid still works there! Sounds like they are working together on this process! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO A DOG!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
JeffRogers, President of Management Company at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, September 17, 2009
According to the police report on file with the Bossier City Police Department, the maid did not steal from this guest, a contractor that was doing the painting and renovations entered the room and stole the items mentioned, a cannon camera, $ 200.00 in change, an uncashed payroll check and some medicine. The contractor was arrested and put into the Bossier City Jail the 2nd day that the President of the company, Jeff Rogers got involved. That company performing the work was terminated. The guest was handled approperiately after The President of the company got involved and it was also brought to the attention that the safes that are in the rooms should be utilized by all guest.
Flint
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Don't let the online pictures fool you!! This place is literally the most disgusting, decrepit place I have EVER been-I'm not exaggerating. I was first greeted with a nasty, musty dirty sock smell that permeated the building and a lobby that had dirt and gum stuck to its floors. The hallways were also covered in dirt and garbage and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in months! I was using the "Grand Ballroom" for a conference and it was the anything but Grand. It would be better titled as the Decrepit Ballroom. First of all, the carpets had not been vacuumed (maybe not ever) and were covered with garbage, broken balloons, dirt, and Lord knows what else. The wall paper was peeling and covered with dirt and other substances. We asked the maintenance guy and the front desk for a vacuum, and they said they would try to find one. It took him over an hour to locate a vacuum-shouldn't the cleaning crew know where the vacuums are?!! Also, we saw many of the hotel staff (including the cleaning staff) sitting outside the doors smoking cigarettes and talking hours at a time. No wonder the hotel isn't clean-I'm not sure they ever even cleaned it! Moreover, we asked the front desk for things (such as to empty our trash can) on numerous occasions and they would say they would do it, but never would. We ended up changing our own trash cans amongst other things. Thank God we didn't have to stay in the hotel rooms; based on the conference room, lobby, and bathrooms there is no telling how bad those would have been. The worst part is the hotel isn't that much cheaper than the other local places around here. My advice, spend a few extra dollars and stay at a place that isn't a hazard to your health! This place seems more like a crack house than a hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

This hotel will fool you by the appearance of the lobby. The rooms are nasty, dirty and smelly. The management team is horrible. They treat customers like trash. The Choice needs to close this property. The owners, Akaal, Inc. must not do any checking on the management team. When I called the front desk about a problem, the manager, Tina Stanley told me if I did not like it I could go and stay at the Hilton down the street. I expected a different resolution, but I was great advice in the long run because the Hilton was great.

I would not recommend this property to my worse enemy.

Stayed August 2008
Nacogdoches, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

The rooms are big, but very worn out. The front desk staff, wait staff at the restaraunt, and the cleaning staff are all very nice. The management, however, is a nightmare. I stayed there from Monday - Saturday, and for the price, it was fine. My room was across from the End Zone Bar, and it was loud until after 2am. When I asked to change rooms the next morning, the front desk was very helpful, but then the manager called and literally screamed at me, and refused to let me change rooms. She said the hotel was at 100% occupancy - which it obviously was not. I had already spent over $800 there and was planning on staying 3 more weeks - but after the way this manager treated me, I checked out immediatly. When I asked to speak to her boss she said she could not give me this information. Everyone else there was really nice, but this lady is trash and has no business being in the customer service field.

• Liked — Great internet service - very quick
  • Disliked — the manager
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

I made the reservation over the phone. I asked the guy to send me an email cause I've had problems with hotels saying they don't show the reservation. I like to have a paper from them with proof of the reservation. He tells me they don't do that (send email confirmation). My husband suggests calling the next day and hope to get someone else and see if they can send the email. I called and a lady says she can send the email ( I thought they don't do that ???). So we drive 6 hours to get there and they say our reservation was canceled because our credit card was declined. The credit card company says they don't know why it was declined or if they even tried to get an aurthorization. The best part about it is we arrived at about 1pm and check in wasn't until 3. I thought the credit card was to hold the room past the check in time. Why wouldn't they call us and let us know about the credit card and let us give them another credit card number to hold the room? They said they don't have any rooms available now. So we have to search for a room and most hotels were unavailable. Luckily we found one. After reading other reviews on here, it might be the best thing that could happen. We had a great room at another place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2007

A king size bed room for $53.96 plus tax can't be that bad. Well... We checked in for two nights and the front desk woman was very nice. She gave us a room and we went to it. It literally had NO lightbulbs in the lights and after getting lightbulbs, the light that was attached to the wall for a reading light for one side of the bed had a cord that did NOT reach to the nearest outlet. (I guess it was never, ever plugged in.) The maintenance man brought an extension cord, but by then we noticed black ash/dust/particles from the light bulbs (??) on the tops of the nightstands and asked for another room. The second room was also missing 4 lightbulbs and its curtain did not work at all so you could not open it to see out the window. The 3rd room had working lights (but one was burned out so I just took a light bulb from our first room since our luggage was still there) and a working curtain. All 3 rooms did have refrigerators and microwaves, although I noticed that all 3 refrigerators were different sizes. Anyway, the third room seemed to work fine but was very stained/old/worn/etc. However, it was clean but I only figured that out after taking a wet washcloth to just about every surface to "clean" it and then the white washcloth was still very white. (They might try to charge you $3/night for the refrigerator/microwave. Just dispute it and they'll take it off. They are IN the room so how can they charge for something that is IN every room?) The door to the room is not tight fitting and you can see light very easily around the edges of the door. The room is absolutely huge and the tv and wireless work just fine. The bathroom is tiny but all of the faucets and stuff work fine. Anyway, they are incredibly nice (i.e. I asked for directions and 3 hours later when I walked by the front desk coming back from our outing the front desk clerk asked if I found it okay and this happened 2 other times, too) and the room seems clean, but it really is very worn. There is an ad in the local TravelHost magazine that says Rodeway Inn -- newly renovated rooms and free breakfast. Neither of these are true. At check in you receive a coupon for $1.50 off of your breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel. We didn't go there so I can't speak for it. And, the room certainly wasn't newly renovated. So, I guess you get what you pay for. The sheets were clean (I checked) and the towels were cleaned. And the maid DID vacuum after our first night and before our second night since I had put some lint on the floor from my pants pockets and it was gone when we got back. So, it did seem clean, just incredibly old and run down and tattered/stained/battered. But, very nice staff.

• Liked — Front desk staff was very friendly. Refrigerators and microwaves are in every room.
  • Disliked — Very old, stained, battered, beaten and weathered.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thanks, Harold Daniels, GM

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City? Share your experiences!