“disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Violet, Louisiana
“disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

the is the worst hotel i have been, for what i paid for. it was in need of a remodeling. the carpet had a odor, spot all over the bedroom and the bathroom will i shower in beach slipper.i will never book another Rodeway in any state in usa.....

Room Tip: i could give any tips
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I regret that you had a problem with your stay. I will address the problems with the staff to make things better. We are here to please our guests and would have bent over backwards to make sure your stay was a great one. If you need to talk to me the GM, please call me at 318.747.2400 or email me at rodewayinnbossier@live.com c/o Harold Daniels, GM Rodeway Hotel & Suites…..

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After reading the reviews, I wasn't expecting much for this place. However, the two ladies working the front desk around midnight when I checked in were EXCEPTIONAL ! Very bright, personable, professional, and seemed genuinely interested in my satisfaction.
My stay was enjoyable. I'll stay there again!
The PROS - service and price.
The CONS - the rooms and grounds are definitely in need of repair and upgrading; and the "continental breakfast" was nothing more than a waffle maker and coffee / juice machine.

Room Tip: Bldg 5 has an outdoor grill right outside the door that's available to anyone. Bldg 5 was also...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review and the positive comments you provided. I will share the review with the team and give them a special thanks as they are doing a wonderful job! We believe in, above all, providing superior service, and should you need anything in the future, please feel free to contact me directly via e-mail or phone.

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is in bad need of remodeling. The lobby and halls were not air-conditioned or it was not functioning properly. The AC in the room was set at 54 when I arrived, but it was not until after midnight that the room began to get comfortably cool. The carpet everywhere I saw needed replaced. It appeared dirty with bits of trash here and there and it had large wrinkles in it that were easy to trip over. Where there was floor tile, it was badly stained in places. The room needed an update badly. There was a 2 inch gap at the bottom of the room door. So you could hear all hall noises very well. The bathroom fixtures were stained as was the bath tile. Only one lamp was plugged in in my room. The other two were unplugged and it would take moving furniture to find an outlet empty. I had to charge my phone and computer from the bathroom outlet. The noise level on a pool side room is very high. The partying did not stop until after 11 p.m.
Overall, in its current condition I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointments with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Harold Daniels
rodewayinnbossier@live.com
shreveport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

They have nice room their and a great ballroom very pretty .I enjoyed it and if you are looking for some were to have ,a party wedding ect. in the bossier area that is your best out.I loved the rooms the people it is nice and quite.it have a nice pool and bar b q area and pool chairs.It has a bar area in it from 5 to 12p.m.a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear John J.,
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. We are so glad that you stay with us and we are delighted that you took the opportunity to let us know of how a great time you had at are hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Rodeway Inn & Suites
new orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had to evacuate to Bossier City due to Hurricane Isacc.Mr.Harold (The hotel Manager) and all the staff were very kind and compassionate.I was welcomed and treated as if I were family from the moment I walked through the doors.I was so impressed with the servcie I received,that I left them a gift and a card thanking them for their service and promtness in addressing any needs or concerns I expressed.The rooms were affordable,and the service was impecable!I will never forget the staff at this hotel.Latonya,Brittine,Ropunda,Mitch,Ronnie and Mr.Harold are the best in the hotel business!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
September 4, 2012
Dear Aisha B:

rodewayinnbossier@live.com
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

There are fleas in the rooms, and the rooms are dirty. Since there is a 200 minimum I will expound. I was told to go to my third suite after a few days because one the air did not work and the refrigerator did not either and the fleas in the hallways were horrible. I get to the suite and there is a couple having sex in the room that they assigned me. Should I go on ?

Room Tip: One without fleas. One where the cabinets are not falling apart.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I arrived at 11 pm & to be perfectly honest I was scared. Clientel that night were stumbling drunk, loud booming music coming from the sports bar or country bar on site. Check in , easy & quick enough. Parking used up by the partiers at the bars on site. Our room was upstairs. With gaps around the door frame. The latch safety lock was moved couple of times from the looks of the holes in the door and was useless. It did not catch the door from opening. Our safe was lockedoom was aged as well rust, old caulking, black spots where the mirrors were old. The carpet in the halls and roomwere buckled. BIg stain on carpet in room. A/C was rusted.you get the picture. OLD. Lrg room with table and chairs (2). Another chair disgustingly stained and when we peeled back the bedspread it was filthly on the inside. I really wanted to leave. The next morning we asked for extra towels to cover the chair, told them about the smell in the room and they cleaned our carpet, changes the linens, and the room was much better. Loud music past 2am. Nice pool area and man in charge of breakfast went out of his way to please us. Slim pickings but enough. If things could be upgraded this would be a great place. Appliances, furninture needs replaced. We stayed three nights, staff was very nice not sure I'd stay again with the conditions. Seemed like some folks lived there. Close to AFB, shops and eateries.

Room Tip: Not sure if any room are updated but Id ask for one away from the nightclub areas. There are many ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I regret that you had a problem with your stay. I will address the problems with the staff to make things better. We are here to please our guests and we do bent over backwards to make sure your stay was a great one. If you need to talk to me the GM, please call me at 318.747.2400 or email me at rodewayinnbossier@live.com c/o Harold Daniels, GM Rodeway Hotel & Suites…..
Thanks, Harold Daniels, GM

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City? Share your experiences!